Apology to everyone

"Why Allen and 7/4 can't mature a bit and stop goading Gould."

sorry Jim, I do believe you are using what I would call relativist thinking, as though the same standard can be applied to all of our responses - nothing I posted about D.G. was anything but a reference, in the spirit of parody and satire, to the awful things he says here - you act as though it's a co-equal incident, when it is far from that - neither 7/4 nor I are the ones that continually feel the need to intervene in threads to tell people how stupid they are - it would be one thing if we simply taunted him for the hell of it, which we do not - it is ENTIRELY another thing when our posts are responses to what we perceive as his cloddishness and boorishness - sorry, it ain't the same thing as D.G.'s constant hit and run -

HOWEVER, since I enjoy this forum even more than playgroup, I think it is time to let sleeping dog's lie...........................

Edited by AllenLowe

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry Jim, I do believe you are using what I would call relativist thinking, as though the same standard can be applied to all of our responses - nothing I posted about D.G. was anything but a reference, in the spirit of parody and satire, to the awful things he says here - you act as though it's a co-equal incident, when it is far from that - neither 7/4 nor I are the ones that continually feel the need to intervene in threads to tell people how stupid they are - it would be one thing if we simply taunted him for the hell of it, which we do not - it is ENTIRELY another thing when our posts are responses to what we perceive as his cloddishness and boorishness - sorry, it ain't the same thing as D.G.'s constant hit and run -

HOWEVER, since I enjoy this forum even more than playgroup, I think it is time to let sleeping dog's lie...........................

and then there's the post where Allen wrote:

by the way, since this has angered someone, let me note that I was kidding about being sent this by 7/4 - it is a reference to a certain habit commented upon in other threads -

You are a contemptible lying sack of shit. Let's talk reality. You continually goad me. You attack me for no reason when I've done nothing to attack you. Yeah I've given you a hard time in the past. Just as I do nothing to attack 7/4 until I've been attacked, I do nothing against you until you start piling the shit on my head all over this fucking forum.

And as for 7/4 - let's talk what your host says. He has told me in the past that he has wasted time going through the forums to DELETE his little needling attacks at me. Here is his PM sent to me on February 13:

Dan,

I know he's been following you around, posting things to rile you up. And I spend most of my time on here trying to find those posts and delete them, which is really not what I want to be spending my time doing.

I will talk to him about.

For the record, regardless of who you're responding to, I don't think telling someone to "eat shit and die" or typing "get your head out of your ass you fucking idiot" is an appropriate way to converse with people, be it on a forum like this or in general.

----Jim

--------------------

Keep it greazy!

-|- Jim Alfredson -|- New organissimo CD available for pre-order! -|-

"When an art project once attains classic status, it somehow becomes isolated from the human conditions under which it was brought into being and from the human consequences it engenders in actual life-experience." ~~ John Dewey, 1934

And believe this, Lowe: No one sees what you do against me as anything other than what it is. The mindless acts of a child who has discovered that if he pokes the bear, the bear gets pissed, and you get to laugh at him.

Just as I do nothing to attack 7/4 until I've been attacked, I do nothing against you until you start piling the shit on my head all over this fucking forum.

And as for 7/4 - let's talk what your host says. He has told me in the past that he has wasted time going through the forums to DELETE his little needling attacks at me. Here is his PM sent to me on February 13:

Yeah Dan, quote his private email out of context. You were getting incredibly hostile towards people in the Baseball steroid thread, I called you on it so you started attacking me. When that doesn't work you start playing the innocent victim.

It's the same old shit over and over again.

When someone calls you a liar, you start in with this martyr fantasy...Dan is a victim and he did absolutely nothing to deserve it.

How about if Dan gives people some respect so he can earn it?

agreed - this one is my battle, sorry -

Dan, please continue your brilliantly argued posts, as they help to make my point - '

and please, spare us the irrelevant arguments - I am entitled to respond to the nasty stuff you say to OTHER members of this board, it does not have to be in response simply to something directed at me - just as I would respond to any bully anywhere who is bullying someone else -

these are my people here; they need protection from the big bad world -

but I'm with Jim A. on this one - will try to let this whole argument disappear -

Edited by AllenLowe

and please, spare us the irrelevant arguments - I am entitled to respond to the nasty stuff you say to OTHER members of this board, it does not have to be in response simply to something directed at me - just as I would respond to any bully anywhere who is bullying someone else -

Me too.