Anyone ever sell stuff on Craigslist?

I got these 2 e-mails in reply to an ad I posted. Am I right to think they sound really fishy?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

i just viwed your item,and being what have been looking for i feel

ishould pay for it immediately,i use usps money order and take care ofthe shipping with my acount with a courrier company.all i need to

effectpayment is your full name and address including tel number,contact me asap

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Seller, I will Like to Proceed with the payment as soon as

possible...but before i do i will like to ask a few question.Is it

new?does it have any problem?If not okay,how many do have for

sale.But i will like to here from you ok .So in you reply to me send

me your full name,address and phone number. ? Thank you"""""

Edited by trane_fanatic

Ignore it. I posted something similar here this Spring. I'll dig up the link for you. Its a scam.

Could ya? Thanks.

Yea, the incredibly horrid broken spelling and grammar sounded a lot like CL's "scams" page. Especially coming from "Mary Brown" & "Sharon Silver".

Either that, or the functional writing skills of the U.S. are going down the tubes.

Edited by trane_fanatic

I still haven't actually used Craiglist, but I just recently saw Craig (Newmark) interviewed on one of our local PBS affiliates. What an incredibly unassuming, humble and down-to-earth guy. He's delegated a lot of the more technical issues and problems with the site to other ("smarter", he says) members of his team, while he himself is the main guy when it comes to customer service... and I mean HE is still the main guy who answers the e-mails!

I just realized- the interview I refer to is available here as a streaming video. I would recommend it highly to anyone who is curious about Craigslist and things related. It's very uplifting, IMO. :tup