anybody own a NEUTON brand battery-op lawn mower??

Stumbled across a promotional video for NEUTON-brand battery operated lawn-mowers the other day (the video came from a co-worker), and after viewing it - this is looking mighty interesting.

Our yard is pretty darn small (I can mow the whole thing in about 30-minutes with a push-mower), but I usually mow it with an old-style reel mower (no engine, just human-power required!!), unless I borrow our neighbor's power-mower. But reel mowers don't work well on really high grass (like if we're out of town for a week or more, or if I let the lawn go too long between mows), nor do they mow when there are leaves on the ground - not very well at all (with even just a light carpeting of leaves).

I really hate to get a gas-powered mower for various reasons (bad for the environment, don't have an outside storage shed, don't want gas in the basement, etc...). Plus, my wife could occasionally mow the lawn if she didn't have to get a gas mower started (the old pull-style kind).

Anybody own one of these by any chance?? I see on their website (HERE) that their prices are cheaper in the off-season, so I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on this sometime this winter (no later than mid-February, probably).

Any other non-gas-powered lawn mowing options I should be considering??

E0340-BestBuy.jpg

www.myneuton.com <-- click here

Thanks!!

Edited by Rooster_Ties

I don't have one but I also have a very small yard and thankfully a friend gave us an electric mower this summer which works just fine.  The only annoyance is the cord, but its a small price to pay for something that works and doesn't stink.

My Dad had a few electric mowers in the 80's into the 90's. The cord is a pain, but the ones we had, had 2 blades so did a nice job of mulching. I bought a cordless leaf blower last spring. Does a very nice job, but could run out of gas (So to speak) fairly quickly. A small yard might be just fine for a battery powered mower.

Check the reviews on amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-h...6833609-4860834

Then read no matter what we do, we are screwed!

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/...50329134343.htm

edit...stupid dumass brower bug? message from Amazon! :rmad:

Try >this link<, or just do a search

Edited by BERIGAN

I don't have the mower in question, but I do have two of this company's other products and they are terrific. (the DR brush and weed cutter, and the DR striing trimmer which can be used as a lawnmower) Both of these are gasoline powered, but they work extremely well. DR is a very innovative company, and from my experience, their stuff works. Whenever I've had the least problem with them, I've called them and their technical staff has been extremely helpful. I myself would have no hesitation in buying anything of theirs, and if you're going to, this is the time to do it because of the lowered prices in fall and winter.

Moreover, when you call, and they're finding the guy who knows most about the gear in question, instead of crappy music on during the waiting, there is birdsong. :tup