Arcam vs. Creek Integrated Amplifier

LWayne

:) My trusty Creek 4140 S2 Integrated Amplifier just died after many years of faithful service. I am looking to replace it with a similar unit, but obviously take advantage of the greatly updated technology since my purchase over a decade ago.

From my initial research, there appears to be two amplifiers that I have targeted in a reasonable price range that would fit my need: Arcam 65 Plus and Creek A50 i. Unfortunately my local dealers here in Pittsburgh do not stock either model, but would have an easier time getting the Arcam.

From my investigation of reviews of both products on-line, the Arcam has received unanimous acclaim for its quality of sound, warm reproduction, and is considered a good value at around $500. The Creek has received some consideration for its more detailed sound and is priced around $800.

Apparently Arcam mandates that their product is purchased from the closest dealer, which means that I could not try to source a better value through internet dealers (Acoustic Sounds has it discounted 10%). Conversely, my local dealers do not even stock the Creek and I would have to order it unseen.

Any advice from the board would be very welcome and much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

LWayne

:) My trusty Creek 4140 S2 Integrated Amplifier just died after many years of faithful service. I am looking to replace it with a similar unit, but obviously take advantage of the greatly updated technology since my purchase over a decade ago.

From my initial research, there appears to be two amplifiers that I have targeted in a reasonable price range that would fit my need: Arcam 65 Plus and Creek A50 i. Unfortunately my local dealers here in Pittsburgh do not stock either model, but would have an easier time getting the Arcam.

From my investigation of reviews of both products on-line, the Arcam has received unanimous acclaim for its quality of sound, warm reproduction, and is considered a good value at around $500. The Creek has received some consideration for its more detailed sound and is priced around $800.

Apparently Arcam mandates that their product is purchased from the closest dealer, which means that I could not try to source a better value through internet dealers (Acoustic Sounds has it discounted 10%). Conversely, my local dealers do not even stock the Creek and I would have to order it unseen.

Any advice from the board would be very welcome and much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

LWayne

The only thing I can say is that I have an Arcam and love it.

Hello:

I buy some things from Audio Advisor and they have a Music Hall "Mambo" Integrated that received a nice review from Stereophile. I have a couple of friends that are in the market for a new amp and are checking this one out. See link from audioadvisor for more details and good luck. By the way I have 2 different integrated amps. 1 is an Audio Research CA-50 Tube Amp and 2nd is a Simm Audio Moon I-5 solid state and switch them out . Good Luck! Dova

http://audioadvisor.com/store/productdetai...ted%20Amplifier