One real dumb dog.

This happened to a dog belonging to a friend of mine. It's some serious shit- if I remember correctly those quills are barbed so you really can't just yank 'em out, they have to sort of work their way out.

This isn't funny at all- if this is for real, this dog is in some serious trouble. My friend's dog didn't get hit nearly this bad and she almost didn't make it. That someone would flaunt this as a "funny photo for the internet" kind of pisses me off (I'm not talking about you hardbop, I'm referring to the dog's owners). :(

From Snopes.com (the Urban Legends website):

Origins: An alternate version of this e-mail provides the additional information that the dog pictured above is a female bull terrier named Inca who had her memorable encounter with a porcupine in May 2005:

"Inca apparently did not know when to quit when she encountered the porcupine on Victoria Day, May 23rd. These are the pictures the vet sent before the long (and expensive) procedure to remove the quills. She had thousands of quills, and her tongue was so covered, she could not close her mouth."

"It was pretty scary at first. She is doing okay now, but looks like a World War III survivor as they had to cut some out in places, stitched between her toes, and many quills bled on removal."

"Here are still quills buried in her, but they should work their way out over time (I pulled four more today). She is on antibiotics and pain meds and thankfully is doing quite well. Maybe she was showing off for her new boyfriend, Rocky, I don't know; but he only got a few in him, which friends were able to remove. Ike, of course, had better sense."

"I sure hope that the Queen of Quills has learned her lesson..."

BTW, all dogs are dumb! I thought I had a smart one until the day she decided that skunk looked like a playmate. :D

Kevin

Pit bulls should be outlawed. they're not dumb, they're just tenaciously aggressive to the point of pathology sometimes.

No "pit" in that dog, just "bull." Same dog that Patton (the general) had. Despite the celebrity association bull terriers aren't aggressive like pit bulls can be.