New to vinyl (again)

DukeCity

I'm sure this topic is more involved than I can imagine, but:

I just dusted off my vinyl set-up after several years. Nothing even approaching audiophile (Technics SQ-SL2000 TT with a new, cheap Shure cart., Onkyo TX-3000 receiver, Polk Audio BK50 speakers). Over the years I have replaced some of my LPs with CDs. I doubt that I'm going to start replacing any of my other CDs with LPs (famous last words...). I'll still continue to buy CD reissues, but is there any source/book/website/forum where I could findout what jazz has not yet been reissued on CD?

In other words, if I'm going through the bins at a store and find something I don't own in any format, how can I find out if it's been put out on CD, or if I should snap up the LP?

Edited by DukeCity

Good luck,

I started listening to my old vinyl so I could decide what to keep and what to trade-in. Well two years later I know have twice the number if records I had when I started getting rid of them. I have traded in cd's for lp's many times, it just sort of happens.

As far as how something has been released, I stick with AMG. I belive the Penguin guides will also let you know.

Bill