Jackie McLean

king ubu

jackie_mclean.jpg

On Sunday I did my Jackie McLean memorial show. Music was played from "Jackie's Bag", "New Soil", "Let Freedom Ring", "Destination Out" and "Action" - the period I love the most, and the period where I feel McLean went through a fascinating development.

Here's the link to the show:

http://195.210.0.134:554/ramgen/lora/archi...00&title=Sonus: Musik im Gespräch&author=Sonntag, 16.04.2006©right=©2006 Radio LoRa 97,5

(for whatever reason I can't post it as link, so you have to copy the whole thing and enter it into a web-browser window to open it!)

Following the first tune, there's lots of talk that you ignunts in swiss german may skip, after that it's mainly music.

R.I.P. Jackie, thanks for all the great music!

The link works just fine for me!

Strange enough I didn't post it as a link, just as normal text - but then once I posted it, part of it turned into a link... main thing it works!

Yup! Great show, BTW! I'd rather listen to you in German than some English-speaking American DJs! ;)

Strange enough I didn't post it as a link, just as normal text - but then once I posted it, part of it turned into a link... main thing it works!

Yup! Great show, BTW! I'd rather listen to you in German than some English-speaking American DJs! ;)

Thanks! I hope you didn't realize that I tried to squeeze in some english (quotes from some of McLean's liner notes)... :ph34r:

Thanks! I hope you didn't realize that I tried to squeeze in some english (quotes from some of McLean's liner notes)... :ph34r:

In all honesty, I can only have the computer on so loud during the day, so I couldn't listen too closely; but still, listening to a German dialect is quite relaxing! :)