"Tony Williams Lifetime - N.Y. 1969"

Rooster_Ties

What, they couldnt find a picture of Larry Young from *any* era???

The song titles must be made up by the bootlegger - I wonder what the tunes really are.

Rooster, did you find this on e-bay or do you have a copy yourself? If it's the second option, you know what my next question will be...

You guessed it: how is the sound quality?

Bertrand.

Edited by bertrand

Rooster, did you find this on e-bay or do you have a copy yourself? If it's the second option, you know what my next question will be...

Just saw it on eBay, late last night, that's all. I don't plan to bid on it, unless the price is really cheap near the end.

And actually, if somebody here is interested in it - they would probably be best advised to mention that fact (here in this thread) --- so I don't bump the price up right at the end. The opening bid required is only $5. But if anybody here is bidding at all, then I'll just stay out of the way. I'm only curious about it, at best.

In fact - now that Claude has posted the eBay link - maybe we should all agree that only one of us will bid on it, and then provide burns of it to others, at a reasonable cost - like $3 per burn (U.S. postage included), or something similar.

Like I said, I'm interested - but not enough to spend much money for it.

Sorry Rooster, I did not intend to draw further attention on this CD by posting the ebay link. I think anyone seriously interested would have found it after you posted the Ebay pictures. ;)

I will definitely not bid on this. I never dug this group, although I like the musician's individual projects.

Are the tunes known by other names? The titles shown sound more like a Sun Ra album.

"Spiral Galaxy" and "Sketch" are both tunes on Other Planes of There.

"Journey to the Stars" is on My Brother, The Wind v.2.

"Abstract Eye" is on The Magic City.

Sun Ra billed his band as "the Astro Infinity Arkestra" on occasions.

Mike

Ha! I thinking the same thing when I saw this a few days ago.

B)

• 2 weeks later...