gil scott-heron

rostasi

sad news.

btw has "the bottle" been issued on cd?

Very sad news.

"The bottle" is "Winter in America", originally issued on Strata-East. It was reissued on CD in Europe by Bellaphon (660-51-015) in 1992. I bought my copy off Gil, when he played here soon afterwards. Don't know if this is still available.

MG

Edited by The Magnificent Goldberg

sad news.

btw has "the bottle" been issued on cd?

Very sad news.

"The bottle" is "Winter in America", originally issued on Strata-East. It was reissued on CD in Europe by Bellaphon (660-51-015) in 1992. I bought my copy off Gil, when he played here soon afterwards. Don't know if this is still available.

MG

thanks MG!

Hate to hear this. GS-H was an important transitional figure for me when I was making the move into more serious music. His song "Lady Day and John Coltrane" latched on to me and wouldn't let go. I've wished for years that someone would put together a nice, remastered box of his material. In a heartbeat I buy that.

Up over and out.

Edited by Dave James

• 4 years later...

I listened to a few cuts from his new album on iTunes. Let's just say I'll be staying with the older material. If his name wasn't on the album cover, you would have no idea it was Gil Scott-Heron. The years and the tears have not been kind to his voice. A sad, sad story. When he was on his game in the '70's, there's no one I would rather have listened to.

Thought his latest CD was great, of course it's different, it's more spoken word than singing but quite good nonetheless.

I thought it was terrific although different from his earlier music; spine-tingling, even!

Looks like we'll be lucky to get a follow-up. :(

Edited by Head Man