What are your most important audio/hi-fi considerations?

BeBop

Key Audio Reproductions Considerations  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We can't all afford perfect sound, so we make tradeoffs. I'm curious what people value most highly in their audio reproduction. I'd be interested in anyone' s comments, but if you're a musician or an audio engineer and wouldn't mind mentioning it, please do. (Not opinions I value more highly, just special interests.)

By the way, I know I've left off many possible considerations: pace, VOLUME, aesthetics, spouse acceptance factor...

Edited by BeBop

I went with tonal>dynamics>soundstage. My current speakers are tonal and soundstage champs. . . my room seems to limit the dynamic presentation, but they do better in another room, but that's not my dedicated listening room (I'm a lucky man to have a room for my own pursuits).

I think every part of the chain is very important. I've spent about the same amounts on speakers and amps and source. (Mine are all from decware.com for my main system; I have a B&O system that I inherited for second system, not a bad TV/stereo system).

I was a musician in a former (single) life. I actually have done some location and "studio" (if you can call a garage apartment a studio!) recording as well.

I'm with Lon 100%. I want a saxophone to sound like a saxophone, dammit. (Frankly, I don't care which component makes or breaks the system performance; I'm a results guy.) And I don't much care about soundstage. For what it's worth, I've probably spent more time on the bandstand than in the audience. For me, soundstage is the trombones right behind me, the drummer in the back right, the piano hard right... (or whatever the setup is that evening.)