NEW BMG JAZZ CLUB PROMOTION

jazzkrow

I've been waiting for some new BMG club titles to spur me on to take advantage of their latest promotion-which is Buy 1 and get three. It works out to approx. $7.28 per cd-Including Shipping, which is about as cheap as any of their promotions, including the 75% off (plus shipping) that they occasionally do.

Anyway they just listed today some new titles-that include:

Jackie's Bag- RVG

Hub Cap-RVG

Natural Soul-RVG

Arturo Sandoval: Trumpet Evolution-that's got a RAVE review on AMG website- kind of like a history of the trumpet.

Sonny Stitt-Goin' Down Slow (Prestige) from 1972-featuring Hank and Thad Jones, Hampton Hawes, and others with maybe only 1 or 2 Varitone numbers

Plus the Bobby Timmons Prestige Trio Sessions, which has been on BMG for about a month now.

My Choices were: the Sandoval, Stitt, Timmons, and RVG Jackie's Bag.

I have the old BN cd issue of Jackie's Bag. I hope someone will tell me that the upgrade to the RVG was worth it! (hope so :g )

Just thought I'd pass the word to all the BMG members on our Board.

Is the Sandoval as good as it sounds? He can be hit or miss-but on a good night he's a monster onstage!

Any feedback on my selections appreciated!

Arturo Sandoval: Trumpet Evolution-that's got a RAVE review on AMG website- kind of like a history of the trumpet.

Is the Sandoval as good as it sounds? He can be hit or miss-but on a good night he's a monster onstage!

I haven't heard the "Trumpet Evolution" disc personally, but if this helps any -- I've heard nothing but 'mixed' reviews of this disc, at best. Again, what I've heard is 2nd and 3rd hand, so I'm not personally doggin' it -- but, I haven't heard of anyone really liking it a whole lot either.

Anyone here actually heard it??

Jazzkrow -

The best BMG sale that I know of (at least for single disc cds) is the Buy 1, Get unlimited at $1.99.

Keep an eye out for that one. If you buy about 10 discs, you can get them for less than $6.00 per disc, including shipping & handling.

If you're looking at the double disc sets, there may be a better sale too. I just don't recall which one it is.

And keep an eye out on their box sets as well. Some VERY good deals to be had from time to time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...