Suit Reccomendations

A little late on this one, but if you're still looking for a suit or just a slight wardrobe update Jos Bank is currently offering 50% off clearance prices and 50% off new Fall merch. Might be worth stopping by a store or checking out what's available on their web site.

Sorta. Its located in Media, PA with students throughout the state.

Media's a very nice town. :tup You're somewhere up near Horsham, iirc?

Huntingdon Valley

there are entirely WAAAAY too many towns/cities/villages in this state. seems like there are about 10 per square mile.

there are entirely WAAAAY too many towns/cities/villages in this state. seems like there are about 10 per square mile.

And each one has its own government, police department, etc. I once read somewhere that Pennsylvania, with its overly decentralized local governments, has more than 700 police departments, or some ridiculous number like that.

Well, I got a job. Not the job I bought the suit to interview for, but still a nice one with benefits and all that. Its at a cyber school, so they also pay for my computer and internet. Sweeeeet.

YESSSS!!!!

But, every guy needs a nice basic suit, to look nice, if their lady wants to dress up, or ultimately to get laid out in when you check out.;)

Remember. 100% wool, usually midweight, perfect fit, not flimsy and cheap.

Do not buy polyester under any circumstances. You'll sweat in the summer and freeze in the winter. They are totally verbatum in a stylish man's wardrobe.

Ties should be good-quality silk, not shiny. There again, don't even consider polyester for a tie. They look and feel cheap and ties are not that pricey.

Black is, IMO not as good a choice for your only suit as dark grey or dark navy [midnight blue as the Duke of Windsor called it].

Black is very dressy and unless it's pinstriped looks too funereal to me for daytime wear. But, some guys can carry it off.

So, if you don't have a suit, get a suit. You don't want to not have one if you need one and have to shop in a rush for a wedding, a dressy soiree or other occasion.

Edited by patricia

SON OF A WEISTEN: MY TIE IS SIMILAR TO THAT PIC BUT NOT AS LOUD. IT IS LIGHT GREY BUT IT IS LIKE A DARK-LIGHT GREY IT IS COOL

There's nothing as great as a really conservative suit (which I used to wear at work) and a truly outrageous tie! My favourites for work were: Pink Panther playing a sax; a photo of an alto sax; large cartoons of genial pigs; and the HMV dog. No nudes. It really got up the politicians' noses but they couldn't say anything!

MG

Edited by The Magnificent Goldberg