Nigel Kennedy On Blue Note

sidewinder

I don't have any of Kennedy's recordings, nor am I familiar with him, but at least he's not *yet another* singer-songwriter that BN is forcing down our throats. Looks like there are some good musicians working on this project (DeJohnette, Carter, Lovano) and there are some covers of classic BN material.

I'm willing to try this out, over an Amos Lee, Keren Ann, etc., all of whom may be perfectly fine musicians, but still aren't what I consider BN artists.

Looks like there are some good musicians working on this project (DeJohnette, Carter, Lovano) and there are some covers of classic BN material.

Blimey, track 2 is Duke Pearson's 'Sudel'. Maybe things aren't quite so bad. :mellow:

I agree also that the list of backing musicians looks pretty good. Jack DeJohnette can't be wrong (can he?).

Sounds fun to me.

he always had a healthy disrespect for the old toffs over here which was always refreshing.

Hey , seeing as both he and Lonnie Smith did a Hendrix thing...they could be brought together on Blue Note for some weird retake on Think!....now would n't that groove!