In case you ever wanted to see what Dick Wellstood looked like...

Dmitry

The photographers name is the same as my dad. His name is Robert Parent, but the photographer and my name are not one in the same. He grew up in Massachusetts also, but in the Worcester area though he did go to Berkley in the late 50's - early 60's. Played trumpet though was a frustrated drummer. It's ironic as drums were what I picked up on at age 8 or so from my dad's jazz records though I didn't start listening to jazz until late 2001.

Edited by dave9199

Bob Parent was a well known jazz photographer in NY. He also wrote a column on 8mm filmmaking for a magazine I used to help edit. I met him once and like an idiot never asked if I could purchase any prints from him. (A parallel story is that I once worked with the late film composer Georges Delarue. I had been collecting French 45's of his film music in the early 60's but never even told him about them never mind ask him to autograph them.

Hmm... I think this raises more questions than it answers. Why would we want to see what Dick Wellstood looks like (Dick Wetmore yeah, but Dick Wellstood? ;))? Was this brought up in another thread? Are photos of Wellstood rare? Why do we get an old photo where's he's in the background, and that doesn't even show his whole face? Just curious. :D

dick_wellstood1.jpg

Dick Wellstood as a biker:

dick_wellstood_am_rad.jpg

EDIT: Seriously!!!

I don't think we wanted to see Dick Wellstood in shorts...

Seriously!!! :lol:

Well, legs allow us to see many facets of a person...

Seriously???

:g

I'd rather see him in these shorts:

c.stephens.jpg

:D

Nah, this is da man!!!

history_summary_russell.jpg

And his were the best shorts... err shots... err... blocked shots!

:g

CeltsMH05_2.jpg

Hmm... I think this raises more questions than it answers. Why would we want to see what Dick Wellstood looks like (Dick Wetmore yeah, but Dick Wellstood? ;))? Was this brought up in another thread? Are photos of Wellstood rare? Why do we get an old photo where's he's in the background, and that doesn't even show his whole face? Just curious. :D

dick_wellstood1.jpg

Still curious, although it's diminishing... :)