Nothing like having an office next to the can

On the one hand, it's a corner office with two windows, looking out over "beautiful" industrial Arlington (i.e. an old dilapidated shopping mall) and I can even see the Ballpark in Arlington from here (home to the dilapidated Texas Rangers). On the other hand, the can is right next to my office. If the smell doesn't kill ya, some of the sounds I have the "pleasure" to hear....... :bad: You get to a point where you can't look at people the same way again. What's really bad is when they get done unloading, some of them feel the need to come in and talk to me. Hey! You just got done taking a dump; don't come in and tell me how much better you feel now.

Just had to vent.

This is a bigger issue in offices than has been previously documented, and deserves thorough study by a team of experts.

We had an office set-up once in which our office was spread among three small floors. There was a large men's room on the lowest floor, and a small men's room with just one toilet and sink, in the middle of a narrow hallway of offices, on the upper floor, where I had an office. Directly across the hall from this mini-rest room was the office of a young woman assistant to all of us. The looks she would give us as we left the room were embarassing. After a short time, like maybe two weeks, the mini-men's restroom was never used again. We all went down to the lower floor.

Big Al, you may need to work on your exaggerated facial expressions and agonized glares.

Directly across the hall from this mini-rest room was the office of a young woman assistant to all of us. The looks she would give us as we left the room were embarassing. After a short time, like maybe two weeks, the mini-men's restroom was never used again. We all went down to the lower floor.

The woman made faces at people as they came out of the john? WTF was the matter with her?

Directly across the hall from this mini-rest room was the office of a young woman assistant to all of us. The looks she would give us as we left the room were embarassing. After a short time, like maybe two weeks, the mini-men's restroom was never used again. We all went down to the lower floor.

The woman made faces at people as they came out of the john? WTF was the matter with her?

She was quite convincing as her looks seemed totally spontaneous and natural. They ranged from looks of surprise, shock, disgust, resignation at being in an unpleasant place--they all made us at least slightly embarassed that we had used the facilites within a few feet of her desk. The place was really cramped.

That reminds me of when I was in jr high band. The bathroom was just a few steps away from the rehearsal room, and when the toilet was flushed, it was loud as hell. And when you are 13 years old, just knowing that everyone else is aware that you just attended to bodily functions was enough to cause major trauma. God knows how many boys and girls in that band held it in rather that deal with the embarassment.

Just had to vent.

:rofl:

:lol:

Now I catch your drift! :g

See there, Al? Everybody understands. Don't flip your lid. Nobody here is going to dump on ya. It was good for you to air this out... you know- wipe away any stress that might have been backing up in your system. Ahhh, I feel better if only on your behalf. Anyway, just be glad you have modern plumbing facilities... I mean, just think of what it must have been like back in the days of the colonists. I'm sure they had to log a lot of miles going to the nearest facility. Some of them might have even kept logs about the strain they endured. Anyway, if you just const- const- constantly stip- stip- stipulate that people do their best to respect your space, I'm sure everything will come out fine. Just re-LAX. This whole thing doesn't amount to squat. Why don't you take the family bowling... or something.

I can't believe I stooped to this... :rolleyes:

See there, Al? Everybody understands. Don't flip your lid. Nobody here is going to dump on ya. It was good for you to air this out... you know- wipe away any stress that might have been backing up in your system. Ahhh, I feel better if only on your behalf. Anyway, just be glad you have modern plumbing facilities... I mean, just think of what it must have been like back in the days of the colonists. I'm sure they had to log a lot of miles going to the nearest facility. Some of them might have even kept logs about the strain they endured. Anyway, if you just const- const- constantly stip- stip- stipulate that people do their best to respect your space, I'm sure everything will come out fine. Just re-LAX. This whole thing doesn't amount to squat. Why don't you take the family bowling... or something.

I can't believe I stooped to this... :rolleyes:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Uncle! Uncle!!!!