whats on OBI strp?

Hi

The OBI strip is kind of nifty. On it says a number of things. I'm no expert on this matter and I do not know japanese. However I can understand that on the OBI you can find the original price(in yen) and release date and sometimes how long it is available. On CD's there is often a note about the mastering process (24-bit etc.). The name of the artist and album name is written in japanese on the edge as well. Below it is usually in english.

The desirability lies i that with this OBI you get the complete product and some information that is not available on the vinyl cover (or CD) itself.

/Shaft

in some cases the obi is essentailly a "box top".

toshiba used to do many "buy three get one free" deals with blue note product - you simply collected the obies as your proof of purchase.

it derives from legendary samurai warrior custom to collect the robe ties from geishas they had bedded in order to show the king their manliness apres battle.

Chewy, not sure from your post, but are you also asking what an OBI strip is? I think it's the 3" x 5" (or so) piece of heavy paper that folds over the spine of the jewel case and has the title and such on it. The older Blue Note Conns in the U.S. had them, don't know if they still do or not. But, now I have a question - what does "OBI" stand for? Out But In? :)

But, now I have a question - what does "OBI" stand for? Out But In? :)

I believe it's the Japanese word for "sash", as in kimono sash (also the "belt" on a karate uniform). I believe it's been discussed/explained on the board before, though a search for "obi" will be impossible, as it's just 3 letters.

toshiba used to do many "buy three get one free" deals with blue note product - you simply collected the obies as your proof of purchase.

it derives from legendary samurai warrior custom to collect the robe ties from geishas they had bedded in order to show the king their manliness apres battle.

I just collect panties.

I just collect panties.

your good ... i could never master "the claw"!

tokyo-panty-1.jpg

I just collect panties.

Can you get a free blue note release for 3 pairs of painties?

I wonder how many pairs of old boxers it would take?

Edited by (BB)