Here's a real shitbag for you

My wife and I have these friends; "he" is in the military. He left for Spain just before the war to function in a Corpsman capacity and take care of the marginally wounded flown in from Iraq. "She" was 7 months pregnant when he left. They have two daughters and now a son.

Just before the baby was born his command granted him leave to come home to Washington for the baby's birth. His command then decided to keep him abroad due to work-related circumstances. Then they reverted again and granted him 5 days of vacation, 2 of which would be travel days. The couple was broke and had little way to afford the last minute air fare. A bunch of us, including my parents and other family members put up money in small doses to take the bite out of the airfare and get him home for his child's birth. He made it, all was well.

Two months later, his tour was up (now in Germany) and he is sent home to Washington. The FIRST thing he tells his wife is that he is not in love with her anymore and that he wants a divorce. There is another woman involved, a girl 6 years younger whom he met in Germany or Spain. The girl is also stationed here in Washington and is also sent back from overseas. He insists that nothing is currently going on, but perhaps will after the divorce is final. His wife begs him, his daughters are heartbroken, his newborn son hasn't a clue. He begins living in the barracks, only for his wife to find out that he is shacked up with this new chickie some place in town. To add insult to injury, the chickie is a newlywed whose husband is in technical school for the Navy in San Diego.

The story gets much worse and I will spare you the details. She has begged him for counseling but he refuses, cold and stern, even to the point that he gives his daughters (who were previously the apples of his eye) absolutely no attention. All to make it easier on himself. The only harm that has been done is of the severest emotional type. I hurt for our friend and hope that she makes it through this life catastrophe strongly as I know she will.

My feelings? I want to find "him" and sincerely explain how disappointed I am in his actions, think about your children, what are you doing to your wife, and then PUNCH HIM IN THE FUCKING MOUTH.

You think you know someone.

Dude, it's Lode Runner but he's black! CRAZY!

If you want to play Lode Runner again you can do a Google search for Frodo, the Commodore 64 emulator and find the game pretty easy. I still play it. I remember making levels for it on my C64 back when I was 10 or 11. I played hooky from school one day and made a bunch of levels. I remember one was two gigantic letters that were the initials of this girl I had a crush on!! :wub:

Haha... that's some funny shit!

Jim, how easy is it to use Frodo? I tried a Commodore 64 emulator that I think was called "CC64" and it was a nightmare to use...I had no idea how to emulate the joysticks. HardBall was one of my favorites...

(Al: my apologies for derailing this thread further. That is one terrible story. Really helps put my own relationship problems at 21 in perspective.)

Edited by Big Wheel

Zork was the bomb.

My parents bought me the C64 the same year the movie War Games came out. I whipped up some shit in Basic and had my computer saying:

[: Hello Alan. Would you like to play a game?

Ok this thread has turned into a full-on dorkfest. Let's cut the shit out.

Edited by Joe Christmas

I never got into Zork. Probably because 99.9% of the games I had were copies with no instruction manuals or anything so I had no idea what to do. But man, I played just about everything for that computer.

Remember the original D&D Gold Box games? Pool of Radiance and Curse of the Azure Bonds? How about Wasteland?!? That game changed my life!!! I played the SHIT out of that thing. Ever play the modern sequel that came out in (I think) 1997 or so called Fallout? GREAT game. The second one was good too, but I never finished it because my harddrive crashed. I should load that puppy up and...

What am I saying?!? I barely have time to practice anymore! :)

I've personally never cheated on my wife and certainly don't plan to.

Been married since 1987. :rlol We have our disagreements and mismatches, but that's ok. I let her clonk on her loud piano and she lets me blast jazz. She's used to me and she's a good wife.

I'm not necessarily a prude. Had lots of fun prior to the marriage. :party:

Never could understand those who cheat; well, I guess I have some understanding for just about everyone, but still these kinds of commitments are important to me. Still, I am not quick to judge people about these kind of things. What's the divorce rate, 50% or something? Pretty damned ridiculous. Marriage doesn't mean anything to anyone anymore; and I think it may mean even less to the younger generations.

I know a scumbum who did a similar thing to his wife and three children. He left them in Santa Barbara to go live in Costa Rica where he was living with a girl half his age. He ended up in trouble with the law down there. Baffling, he seemed to have everything going so well. Why he would piss it all away and ruin his family is beyond my comprehension. :wacko:

I've done things that I never thought that I would have, and so I'm not going to cast a stone. Temptation can be a powerful thing and no one really knows how they'll act, just how they think or want to act.

I do believe though that you pay for your sins, even if it's eventually yourself exacting the tribute . . . .

Haha... Mission Impossible!!! (sorry, getting back to the C64 games). That game was great!

"Stay awhile.... staaaaaay FOREVER!!!!!"

I don't know why people would cheat on their spouses. Maybe they were never in love to begin with. I can't even fathom cheating on my wife. Number one I think she's the most beautiful thing in the world. Number two I would never want to do anything that would hurt her in such a way. The really sad thing is that adults can deal with it and heal... children are the ones that are hurt the most. :(

Well Conn, great for you. There are all types of temptations for many things, and I'll never consider myself invulnerable til I have gone down the entire list and "seen it all" and told it all to vade retro. . . for which there is not enough lifetime! :o