FACE TO FACE Baby Face Willette

Soul Stream

Oh yeah!  Is that Patton Mosaic select available for pre-order yet? 

With my engagement official now, I've got just a few months of unconstrained (except by my own inner conscience) CD spending, so I'm glad that Patton set is coming out now, right after my birthday.

Is it true that Baby Face died in the 90's?

No one knows what happened to Baby Face. Dead or alive. He's never been tracked down, or a death certificate found, ect.... He's really a mystery. After talking to someone recently, I have a notion that he may still be alive and living in Mississippi. But it's pure speculation on my part.

...oh...and the Patton Mosaic Select isn't available for pre-order yet. I'd like to see it up soon on the site.

Edited by Soul Stream

Ain't nobody gonna sing the praises of Fred Jackson on this album? That's just wrong!

Tell you what - if FACE TO FACE is the "definitive" organ album (and I'll not claim that it's not, nosiree Bob, not me!) then "Whatever Lola Wants" just might be the definitive organ cut. Don't tell me I can't listen to that one piece and nothing else for days at a time. I can, I have, and I will again.

Ain't nobody gonna sing the praises of Fred Jackson on this album? That's just wrong!

Tell you what - if FACE TO FACE is the "definitive" organ album (and I'll not claim that it's not, nosiree Bob, not me!) then "Whatever Lola Wants" just might be the definitive organ cut. Don't tell me I can't listen to that one piece and nothing else for days at a time. I can, I have, and I will again.

Hey, Fred Jackson MAKES this album!!!! The others are on fire as well, but...to me....Face To Face really towers over the trio configuration on "Stop and Listen." I think the material is better on "Face to Face," and hey...maybe it was just a GREAT day in the studio. Whatever the cicumstances, Jackson's contribution can not be underestimated. He, excuse my language but...fucking BLOWS his ass off! And like you said Jim, "Whatever Lola Wants" has GOT to go down in the history books as textbook "badness."

This session is SO great.. :wub:

A little Fred Jackson minute in history.... On Pattons's "The Way I Feel" LP, Joe Henderson was supposed to play sax. The band rehearsed with Henderson, but when Patton showed up for the session, Fred Jackson was there instead. Alfred Lion told Big John he wanted Fred on the session instead. Another session where Jackson really MAKES the album in many ways (well, they ALL do. But Fred plays wonderfully on that as well!) The genius of Al Lion as producer. :)