Nocturne - Jazz in Hollywood

The name of Virgil Gonzalves that came up in the link posted under the Trésors du Jazz thread brings up a question that I had meant to post for a while:

I have the "Complete Nocturne Recordings" 3-CD box set released by Fresh Sound that reissues the original 10-inch Nocturne albums of the "Jazz in Hollywood" series plus a few unissued recordings.

However, this box set reads "Volume One."

My question now is: Is there any Volume Two, and what would this contain, I wonder? (Seeing that all the Nocturne output has been released on Vol. 1) Or would Volume Two carry on with some "Liberty - Jazz in Hollywood" reissue?

I really like this box set - nicely done and thoughtfully compiled in a way that fills a gap in almost any collection (who would have all the Nocturne 10-inch originals or even the few that were reissued later on Liberty)? Not one of those many CD sets that invariably duplicate a lot of what was fairly easily acessible on vinyl reissues or other CD releases so you just have to buy items for only half the music's worth because you already have the rest.

Steve, I see that you are from "Southern Germany". That reminds me of an old joke we all loved when we were kids.

What do you call a tired guy from southern Germany?

A Bushed Bavarian!!! :D

I don't expect the Europeans here to gt it, so you'll have to trust me that to a twelve year old kid that's funny.

Brownie, thanks very much for the link to the previous thread. I guess I'll resurrect that one and add a comment to a few questions that have been asked there.

GA Russell, Southern Germany doesn't equate Bavaria (not nearly!) and I'm not from Bavaria. ;) And even though almost all U.S. tourists coming to Germany seem to think otherwise, there is life in Southern Germany outside Bavaria, and Heidelberg, for example, is not located a few walking minutes from Neuschwanstein Castle. :D :D

(And no, indeed I didn't get that joke ... ;) )

(And no, indeed I didn't get that joke ... ;) )

I suppose it wouldn't be right for me to not fill you in.

There was a beer heavily advertised on television called Busch Bavarian beer. Today it is known simply as Busch beer, and it is the sponsor of the #2 auto racing circuit in the US, sort of the minor league for the #1 circuit, which is called the Nascar Nextel Cup series.

Steve, I see that you are from "Southern Germany". That reminds me of an old joke we all loved when we were kids.

What do you call a tired guy from southern Germany?

A Bushed Bavarian!!! :D

I don't expect the Europeans here to gt it, so you'll have to trust me that to a twelve year old kid that's funny.

What do you call a pi**ed off guy from Germany?

A sour Kraut.

Har.

Har.

Har.