Big Bad Voodoo Daddys

Jazzin'D92

Well when I met them in person before the concert they were normal people like us, of course! Then when it came showtime yes they wore the suits and cool hats which I wish I had a hat for jazz band like theirs! :D

And thanks for recommending that cd to me. I will be sure to look them up and listen to some tunes! :D

I assume you've got these photos on your hard drive, Danielle.

Here's a link to a site called Image Shack.

http://www.imageshack.us/

You upload your photos, one by one, by using the browse function to locate them on your drive. When you've uploaded them, the program will then show you a number of addresses for each one, used in different circumstances. Copy the address for posting into forums. Then paste it into your post.

applausemachinesd2.th.jpg

That's the thumbnail for forums (fora :D )

applausemachinesd2.jpg

This is the hotlink for fora.

So you get a choice of what kind of display you want to produce.

Good luck.

MG

My friend fronted Atlantic/Lava's answer to the "new" swing trend. We have coauthored some tunes. His band: The Atomic Fireballs. They had songs on the American Pie, Scooby Doo, Three To Tango, and other sound tracks.

You will find that some of the purists may not dig the "new" swing thing of the late 90's, but I am a bit more open minded. I like the fact that these guys, while they may not swing as hard or as pure as the old school cats, are still opening kids minds to swing in general.

Just my two cents.

I can appreciate these guys. Glad it was a positive musical experience for you. I also used to dig Squirrel Nut Zippers.

<runs and hides>

g

My friend fronted Atlantic/Lava's answer to the "new" swing trend. We have coauthored some tunes. His band: The Atomic Fireballs. They had songs on the American Pie, Scooby Doo, Three To Tango, and other sound tracks.

You will find that some of the purists may not dig the "new" swing thing of the late 90's, but I am a bit more open minded. I like the fact that these guys, while they may not swing as hard or as pure as the old school cats, are still opening kids minds to swing in general.

Just my two cents.

I can appreciate these guys. Glad it was a positive musical experience for you. I also used to dig Squirrel Nut Zippers.

<runs and hides>

g

What Greg said!!! :tup

Yeah, I tend to not care for the "new swing" thing too much myself (having layed in a few bands who did it, it seems to be all about "style"), but when you enter the realm of pop music, you gotta be ready for that.

What I found interesting was how the whole thing seemed to be about combining three older styles (jump band/rockabilly-surf/Rat Pack) into one, sort of the musical equivalent of clearing up space on your hard drive by compressing old files you don't use much any more.

Yeah, I tend to not care for the "new swing" thing too much myself (having layed in a few bands who did it, it seems to be all about "style"), but when you enter the realm of pop music, you gotta be ready for that.

What I found interesting was how the whole thing seemed to be about combining three older styles (jump band/rockabilly-surf/Rat Pack) into one, sort of the musical equivalent of clearing up space on your hard drive by compressing old files you don't use much any more.

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it. More about a scene that actually getting seriously inside of a style. Though, virtually all music is guilty of that at one time or 'nother and in varying degrees.

Yeah, I guess that's why many people got mad.... I didn't know at all but I get what you mean because BBVD came out like what 10 yrs ago? But thanks for all your support. Do you think I can find info saxophone brands on here? I'm sure I could....

It is not when they came out...rather it is that they were not really as authentic sounding. I think they are fun, and if the energy is right and the tunes are good I'll give any band a serious listen.

Hey, scenes are cool, essential even sometimes, but the smart money's on laying the groundwork to keep going once the scene moves on, because it always does.

Yeah, I can dig it. Man, you have to admit the nouveau swing thing went away way faster than disco. lol

Yeah, it was a fad that had its moment. But you can still find bands gigging w/it. Just not as many (bands or gigs). One thing it did was create a "niche" market for a general style that hadn't had one in quite a while. Oughta be good for another 5-15 years or so, depending on who we're talking about. As long as there's school clinic gigs to be had, maybe even longer.

Disco is still around, believe me. It's just evolved and grown and gone back underground. Serious dancers & serious clubbing will never go away.