What was your board name on the BNBB?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. I tried using Google to search for my profile page, but no dice. So, I played around with the numbers at the end of Claude's url (which represent the person's BN member #), and in the process of finding my profile page, I found some people I had forgotten about, such as: member #33

Bo! Forgot all about him! Didn't he go to Outer Mongolia, or some such place for like a year before everything fell apart???

• 2 months later...

Hey, who was that guy that kept harping on about how Blue Note should release the "Ultimate Elvin Jones"? Maybe another guy named Kevin (not Kevin B.)?

I want to say Kevin W... Kevin Walter(s)?

(Btw, just because I want to say something, that doesn't mean it will make any sense) ^_^

Wasn't it Maltz?

Hey, who was that guy that kept harping on about how Blue Note should release the "Ultimate Elvin Jones"? Maybe another guy named Kevin (not Kevin B.)?

I want to say Kevin W... Kevin Walter(s)?

(Btw, just because I want to say something, that doesn't mean it will make any sense) ^_^

Wasn't it Maltz?

Don't know about whether it was Greg Maltz who harped on about that Elvin Jones, but I tried to find any evidence of that "other" Kevin, and turned this up: http://forums.allaboutjazz.com/archive/index.php/t-411.html Apparently the photos of Aric are no longer available. Not sure what became of Kevin...

One thing leads to another... I went from Claude's link to some experimenting with the #'s at the end of the url, arriving at various members' pages, then I explored the wayback machine's blue note archives http://web.archive.org/web/*/bluenote.com/* and found that quite a few forum pages have been archived (even some threads can still be read), and then I noticed a post from kevin (Walters), and noticed his member #, and... http://web.archive.org/web/20020424051936/...&u=00000131

Too much time on my hands today. :)

Don't remember anything about an Elvin-obsessive, but wasn't Kevin Walters the cat who made getting that very first Grant Green session out of the vaults and into circulation his life's mission?

There you go. I remember that quite clearly as well...... now that you've mentioned it. ^_^ Now, can you help me remember where I put my pills? :lol:

Which ones, the ones that make you larger, or the ones that make you small?

If you're talking about the ones your mother gives you, don't sweat it. They don't do anything at all.

Heh. Don't know why - well, yeah, I guess i do - but that reminds me of how they used "All Along the Watchtower" in the season finale of Battlestar Galactica. Anyone else catch it? Really interesting...