Goooooooooooooooooooooooooool

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

True - and despite the scoreline, West Ham didn't really look too much like winning it, especially over the course of the last half hour, when they just ran out of steam.

I will say this though - Liverpool *really* miss Alonso, and (IMHO!) are royally screwed should they lose Torres for any amount of time to injury/suspension/whatever.

I know what you're saying but it doesn't really hold up. What Liverpool really need is for all their top players to start playing well, which has not happened so far this season. Gerrard, Mascherano, Carragher even Torres are no where near their normal levels. They just need to get back to a decent level and they will stop making hard work of all these games they should be winning, without making such a song and dance of it. Alonso was a very good player for Liverpool but not to the extent people are making out, they lost big games when he played and they won big games without him before, so really saying it's all down to Alonso leaving is incorrect. And Chelski would be screwed without Drogba, Man U would be screwed without Rooney, Aresnal would be screwed without Fabregas etc, etc. All teams need their big players to hit their level every game, that's why they're big players.

It always amazes me how Man U gets such home cookin' from the officials. I guess extra time means "play until Man U scores" when the game is held at Old Trafford?

Great game otherwise, though.

Although it pains me to say it, they actually added on the correct amount of time, there was a substitution and Bellamy's goal celebration to take into account.

I was away this weekend on a camping trip but managed to read about this on my mobile phone. Seems that they were able to manage ok though, although Pompey isn't necessarily the largest obstacle. I am glad to see Gabby Agbonlahor back in form, though.

I wish I'd gotten the chance to see that Manchester derby. Sounded like a thriller!

I was away this weekend on a camping trip but managed to read about this on my mobile phone. Seems that they were able to manage ok though, although Pompey isn't necessarily the largest obstacle. I am glad to see Gabby Agbonlahor back in form, though.

Yes, they have now buried the hatchet or so it seems, however I'd be surprised if O'Neill doesn't sell him.

Nigel Reo-Coker makes his peace with Martin O'Neill

It always amazes me how Man U gets such home cookin' from the officials. I guess extra time means "play until Man U scores" when the game is held at Old Trafford?

Great game otherwise, though.

Although it pains me to say it, they actually added on the correct amount of time, there was a substitution and Bellamy's goal celebration to take into account.

Actually, there might be somthing to your statement after all.

Revealed: Manchester United get more injury time when they need it

Just got done watching Barcelona destroy Racing Santander. They are a phenomenal team.

Although I've been primarily watching the EPL (and of course supporting Aston Villa) significantly more than any of the other leagues for many years now, Barcelona was my first love when I was just getting into football and I still always root for them when I get the opportunity to watch the Champions League or the Primera Liga. Its interesting seeing the current lineup with Ibrahimovic in there....he's not nearly as charismatic as Eto'o, but boy, he is a smart player. Aside from being a constant scoring threat, at the same time he seems to have a very natural ability to find the open man. I was skeptical of the swap at first, but its looking like this could end up being beneficial for Barca.

Messi is in incredible form right now too.

Wow! Great goal!

IMHO, Torres is currently the best forward player in the world.

I think Torres proved it again today.

He's just so damn good, I know it's only Hull, who are just totally shite, but still a hat-trick is a hat-trick.

Torres = :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

article-1216263-069849C1000005DC-986_468x312.jpg

article-1216263-069868E3000005DC-174_468x308.jpg

It's good that Rafa was able to give both him and Gerrard a bit of a rest as well.

Also I did not see that Wigan result on the cards at all, from the highlights I saw Chelski were just awful, really bad defending from corners which is unusual for them.

Edited by Cliff Englewood

Looks like Liverpool needs Torres to work some magic right now against Fiorentina.

They needed more than Torres magic, they needed the whole fucking Harry Potter school. They were played off the park in the first half, the game was pretty much over after the second goal. It was for me anyway as I watched more of "Deadliest Catch" than I did the second half. Aurelio is good but he is not a midfielder. I saw Fiorentina play in the qualifiers and Jovetic was their best player then, he was excellent tonight.

Saw two entertaining games Arsenal against Olympiakos, great amazing heroĂ¯c game by the former national team keeper but at the end the good guys won :cool:

The second part of the doubleheader was Barcelona against Dynamo Kyev. If the host had an hard time finding the back of the net, for the rest they gave a beautiful futbol clinic.

Will be busy tomorrow night (see my post in the gig watching thread), so won't get to watch Bayern and Juventus or the MU-Wolfsburg game

Saw two entertaining games Arsenal against Olympiakos, great amazing heroĂ¯c game by the former national team keeper but at the end the good guys won :cool:

Good game for the Gunners amazing that the score was as low as it was given their total dominance. Mannone had so little to do but was surefooted in goal. I wonder if Almunia is getting worried.

Good game for the Gunners amazing that the score was as low as it was given their total dominance. Mannone had so little to do but was surefooted in goal. I wonder if Almunia is getting worried.

That's pretty much what the Gunners problem has been for the last few years, loads of flash but they don't kill off games and as a result they get beaten by the better teams, eg last season against Liverpool at Anfield, if you score 4 away from home you really should win the game. I think Almunia is a major accident waithing to happen, he will be in goal for them in a big game this season and will make a big boo boo.

What happened to Milan???

:beee:

What's happened to everyone, no one seems to have any form at the moment, Man U were quite lucky last night, at least with the free kick which got them back in the game.

Chelski - Liverpool at the weekend should be good as both Benitez and Ancelotti went nuts at the players after their performances mid-week.

Carlo Ancelotti vents fury at 'lucky' Chelsea

The night feeble Liverpool left Rafael BenĂ­tez fuming in Florence

'We've never seen manager more annoyed,' says FĂ¡bio AurĂ©lio. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Oh yeah, I ment to add, is Ryan Giggs actually Dorian Gray???

Edited by Cliff Englewood

I was going to post this exact question, but you beat me to it, Bentsy.

Any theories on what's happening over there?

Off the top of my head, very old squad, new coach Leonardo doesn't seem to be having any impact, that's the 3rd game in a row that they haven't scored in and they also drew against 2 sides promoted to Serie A this season.

Other than that though they're fine. :tophat: :tophat: :tophat:

I was going to post this exact question, but you beat me to it, Bentsy.

Any theories on what's happening over there?

Off the top of my head, very old squad, new coach Leonardo doesn't seem to be having any impact, that's the 3rd game in a row that they haven't scored in and they also drew against 2 sides promoted to Serie A this season.

Other than that though they're fine. :tophat: :tophat: :tophat:

I think Leonardo is already counting down his days as Milan's coach.