albert ayler

alocispepraluger102

The cemetary that Ayler's buried at is about a half hour away from where I live. I tried to find it a while back but its kind of hard to find. I should try again. Oh, and happy birthday!

i hope to visit his gravesite, as well, some day.

if you make it first, would you shoot a few pics?

Of course (if no one finds that offensive :unsure: ). I believe the name of the cemetary is Beachwood Cemetary, but its closer to Shaker Heights (where I think he grew up) then Beachwood. I should just mapquest it and go and pay my repsects.

The cemetary that Ayler's buried at is about a half hour away from where I live. I tried to find it a while back but its kind of hard to find. I should try again. Oh, and happy birthday!

i hope to visit his gravesite, as well, some day.

if you make it first, would you shoot a few pics?

Of course (if no one finds that offensive :unsure: ). I believe the name of the cemetary is Beachwood Cemetary, but its closer to Shaker Heights (where I think he grew up) then Beachwood. I should just mapquest it and go and pay my repsects.

very near a golf course. albert was an exceptional golfer.

I never would have imagined Albert Ayler playing golf... It just doesn't fit with my image of him.

High school champ, iirc...

That's right. He also played while attending college too. He went to college in Shaker Heights which leads me to believe that he attended John Carroll University. Just a guess though. There's a picture floating around (don't know where) of Albert in golfing attire. Maybe its in the Holy Ghost box set. Will have to check and see.

I actually went from Sunday afternoon to last night without any of my music. I'm in Houston with my wife and we had one test and appointment after another and lots of talking and deciding to do. A rough week.

hoping you reunite with your music very soon.

if any of us can send you anything by internet, i'm sure there are dozens of your friends more than willing to oblige.

I am, thanks! Doing some work (putting together a calendar of events due to our agency handling after hours parking in state garages and lots) which requires a lot of internet surfing, so I've got my iBook going. . . right now a lot of RCA artists of the twenties and thirties doing Hoagy Carmichal songs.

I'll never forget the moment that I put on the first disk of 'Live in Greenwich Village: The Complete Impulse Recordings' on impulse! and as soon as 'Holy Ghost' came on, I almost froze in my tracks...personally, this is one of the most powerful pieces of music that I've ever heard!

Truth is Marching On!

edited: I looked at my copy of the Albert Ayler book in the spirits box and couldn't find that pic of Ayler in golf attire. Its out there somewhere.

Edited by Holy Ghost

I am, thanks! Doing some work (putting together a calendar of events due to our agency handling after hours parking in state garages and lots) which requires a lot of internet surfing, so I've got my iBook going. . . right now a lot of RCA artists of the twenties and thirties doing Hoagy Carmichal songs.

do you listen to rich conaty's WFUV sunday nights, the big broadcast?

his show has archived hundreds of 4 hour broadcasts of music of the 20's and 30's and earlier, many of them with fine jazzmen of the era.

it is a great listen.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

NO, I don't listen to any radio I'm afraid, over the air or on the web etc. I became so burned out with radio in the 'eighties that from about 1990 on I simply didn't ever have a tuner for my stereo, I've only had one car in all that time and it has no radio (a 1966 Chevy Belair wagon that has empty holes where the stock radio once was), and I use an alarm clock to get me out of bed sometimes with the radio and boy does it work.

I've gotten so I just can't stand to hear djs and commercials on the radio, and the music is rarely worth it, so I'm totally out of the radio habit and don't want to start it again.

I've got 25 days of music on my iBook currently and rotate the music pretty regularly when I'm home. I keep a mixture that runs from Basie to Beethoven to the Dead to Steve Wonder (listening to Syreeta Wright right now). It works for me.

NO, I don't listen to any radio I'm afraid, over the air or on the web etc. I became so burned out with radio in the 'eighties that from about 1990 on I simply didn't ever have a tuner for my stereo, I've only had one car in all that time and it has no radio (a 1966 Chevy Belair wagon that has empty holes where the stock radio once was), and I use an alarm clock to get me out of bed sometimes with the radio and boy does it work.

I've gotten so I just can't stand to hear djs and commercials on the radio, and the music is rarely worth it, so I'm totally out of the radio habit and don't want to start it again.

I've got 25 days of music on my iBook currently and rotate the music pretty regularly when I'm home. I keep a mixture that runs from Basie to Beethoven to the Dead to Steve Wonder (listening to Syreeta Wright right now). It works for me.

like aloc is with his tv. dont have a tv in the car either.