Newbury Comics Sale

T.D.

I've made many CD purchases from Newbury Comics, both on eBay (auction and store) and Amazon Marketplace. They've been just about the best seller I've ever bought from.

Early this week, I read on this board about their eBay store's "Free Shipping Sale". I checked, and there was a list of 51 (at that time) OJC discs, with free shipping offered on purchases of 10 or more, half off shipping for purchases of 5 to 9. The buyer was supposed to request a combined invoice with the reduced shipping.

I bought 5 discs (budget didn't allow more), requested the invoice, but the shipping amount was too high. Full shipping was 5x$3.95 or $19.75. Half off would have been $9.88. Instead, the invoice showed shipping of $16.49, which was slightly reduced but seemingly incorrect (I can't even tell how they got the figure).

I questioned this shipping total, using the same eBay message feature I used to request the original invoice, but haven't gotten a reply. The whole thing is strange, given my great past experience...

Has anyone bought from the recent Newbury promotion? Were there any problems with the order? Any suggestions?

Try this? I bet it's an error in the function and they'll help you out.

newburycomics.com

5 Guest Street

Brighton MA 02135

USA

customerservice@newburycomics.com

www.newburycomics.com

5 Guest Street

Brighton MA 02135

USA

customerservice@newburycomics.com

Customer Service phone line is 617.779.5973

Hours for newburycomics.com Customer Service are Monday through Friday 9AM - 5PM and Saturdays 9AM - 2PM.

I've made many CD purchases from Newbury Comics, both on eBay (auction and store) and Amazon Marketplace. They've been just about the best seller I've ever bought from.

Early this week, I read on this board about their eBay store's "Free Shipping Sale". I checked, and there was a list of 51 (at that time) OJC discs, with free shipping offered on purchases of 10 or more, half off shipping for purchases of 5 to 9. The buyer was supposed to request a combined invoice with the reduced shipping.

I bought 5 discs (budget didn't allow more), requested the invoice, but the shipping amount was too high. Full shipping was 5x$3.95 or $19.75. Half off would have been $9.88. Instead, the invoice showed shipping of $16.49, which was slightly reduced but seemingly incorrect (I can't even tell how they got the figure).

I questioned this shipping total, using the same eBay message feature I used to request the original invoice, but haven't gotten a reply. The whole thing is strange, given my great past experience...

Has anyone bought from the recent Newbury promotion? Were there any problems with the order? Any suggestions?

I had a problem with them a few months ago when my credit card was charged for an ojc that had slipped out of stock and was never sent. It took a few e-mails before I finally got a response, but when I did, the matter was pretty quickly resolved. Other than that occasion, service has been great.

I made my first Newbury purchase at the same time I bought another CD from another Amazon Marketplace seller and from the raves I've heard here, I was expecting it to arrive the next day on a specially constructed pillow-lined package.

Instead, the other seller, shipping from California, beat Newbury's delivery time by three days.

I'll stick with Caiman, thanks.

:cool:

Problem resolved. After a three-day period in which two e-mails went unanswered, I called the customer service number. They promptly fixed the problem, sent a revised invoice, and were very helpful.

Thanks to MwtGA for providing the contact info / phone #. :tup