LONEHILL JAZZ

Hardbopjazz

For that matter, Amazon.com carries pretty much the entire Lonehill/Definitive/Gambit range. And I see Proper Boxes, everywhere, including J & R and Chicago's Jazz Record Mart. I'm not going to get bent out of shape about it, since I strongly feel extending copyright retroactively was an illegitimate act of Congress, but if I was a record company exec, I might be asking myself what was the point, since it hasn't changed a damn thing. Of course, if I was a record company executive, I would probably be asking myself if I needed a career change.

Edited by ejp626

Picked up the DeFranco "Wailers" disc at a Half Price Books for $5.98, sealed. Sounds great to me -- there were even some bonus cuts!

That's standard policy with Lonehill. They usually have a second LP included to fill in the CD space when they reissue a single session.

The bonus tracks on the 'Wailers' reissue are the Buddy de Franco quintet sides (with Tal Farlow and Sonny Clark) that were originally issued on the Calliope LP 'Sessions, Live'.

I recommend the Johnny Hodges & Wild Bill Davis sets from Lonehill- one double set and three individual CDs. Sound is very good to my ears.

I strongly second this recommendation. These five cd's collect all the recordings Johnny Hodges made with Wild Bill Davis, as well as some bonus material like the whole album "Stride Right" (Hodges with Earl Hines, originally released on Verve). Some of these sides - with the exception of the live Atlantic City session - until now were only available on cd on expensive Japanese imports, some were not available on cd at all. Sound is good, though some tracks were taken from lp's.