NCAA Football 2007

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, what's up with USC losing the No. 1 ranking after a win? Washington clearly is a much better team than Tulane (LSU's opponent Saturday). I figure, if you play a better opponent than the No. 2 team and you win, you gotta stay No. 1, no? Besides, LSU looked awful in the first half.

In hindsight (after the Stanford loss), that appears to have been an excellent call. :g

BTW, what's up with USC losing the No. 1 ranking after a win? Washington clearly is a much better team than Tulane (LSU's opponent Saturday). I figure, if you play a better opponent than the No. 2 team and you win, you gotta stay No. 1, no? Besides, LSU looked awful in the first half.

In hindsight (after the Stanford loss), that appears to have been an excellent call. :g

Indeed. And that Florida-LSU game was a monster. They were both smacking each other around pretty hard.

Many say Karl Dorrell's job is in jeopardy at UCLA--but there have been so many key injuries it's tough to say how much of this collapse is his fault. Starting QB (and second string QB), best receiver, best defensive lineman, others are all out now. Still, the alumni lose their patience fairly quickly in this town...

Many say Karl Dorrell's job is in jeopardy at UCLA--but there have been so many key injuries it's tough to say how much of this collapse is his fault. Starting QB (and second string QB), best receiver, best defensive lineman, others are all out now. Still, the alumni lose their patience fairly quickly in this town...

as i recall stanford beat usc with a third string quarterback.

Illinois, baby! Been waiting for a long time for a team like this.

several months ago, several writers, considering the state of the illini facilities, couldnt imagine how they managed to get such an awesome recruiting class.

.......scandal just over the horizon?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/stor...&id=3051881

Edited by alocispepraluger102

several months ago, several writers, considering the state of the illini facilities, couldnt imagine how they managed to get such an awesome recruiting class.

You never know, but Coach Ron Zook has always been known as an exceptional recruiter; he brought a whole bunch of talent to Florida, but got fired due to win-loss record (his coaching has been regarded as less exceptional :g).

[Added: The past couple of years, it's become apparent that Big Ten football is rather over-rated. Perhaps Zook doesn't have to resort to recruiting chicanery to win in that league. ;)]

If the Illini keep winning, he'll get plenty of money for better facilities...

Edited by T.D.

You never know, but Coach Ron Zook has always been known as an exceptional recruiter; he brought a whole bunch of talent to Florida, but got fired due to win-loss record (his coaching has been regarded as less exceptional :g).

[Added: The past couple of years, it's become apparent that Big Ten football is rather over-rated. Perhaps Zook doesn't have to resort to recruiting chicanery to win in that league. ;)]

If the Illini keep winning, he'll get plenty of money for better facilities...

what happened today?

I think it's been too long since I've mentioned that A&M is a terrible team, with a terrible coach.

their coach was in some kind of trouble the last couple days. what was it?

He was selling a secret newsletter that nobody else knew about, for $1200 per year. The recipients were sworn to secrecy, and he shared info on the players who were injured (which he doesn't make public), and also gave his personal opinion about his own players - i.e. this one's slow, that one can't catch the ball very well, etc.

Add that to the fact that he simply hasn't done a very good job in the time he's been at A&M, and there are alot of alumni (like myself) who want him gone. The sooner the better.

I think it's been too long since I've mentioned that A&M is a terrible team, with a terrible coach.

their coach was in some kind of trouble the last couple days. what was it?

He was selling a secret newsletter that nobody else knew about, for $1200 per year. The recipients were sworn to secrecy, and he shared info on the players who were injured (which he doesn't make public), and also gave his personal opinion about his own players - i.e. this one's slow, that one can't catch the ball very well, etc.

Add that to the fact that he simply hasn't done a very good job in the time he's been at A&M, and there are alot of alumni (like myself) who want him gone. The sooner the better.

sounds like a class act. where did the aggies dig him up.

bring back the longtime coach with the initials for a first name!!!!

BTW, the Big Ten Network sucks ass. So far I've been able to watch exactly ONE Michigan State game on TV because cable doesn't carry the BTN. And the reason they don't carry the BTN is because the BTN wanted a fee for every Comcast subscriber (nationwide), which comes to $60 million dollars. The last time the package TV rights were sold, they went for $2 million.

So the Big Ten Network sucks for being greedy pricks.

Good win by State last night. I had to watch the highlights on the local news.

sounds like a class act. where did the aggies dig him up.

bring back the longtime coach with the initials for a first name!!!!

A&M stole him from Alabama, where he didn't even give his players the courtesy of telling them he was leaving, until after the fact (and even then it wasn't in person). In fact, he had just gotten done BEGGING the Alabama players to stay and stick it out, despite the risk of NCAA sanctions for something or nother. He also previously left Texas Christian University for Alabama in a similar manner, I've heard. He's a weasel.

The initial guy is R.C. Slocum. Yes, bring him back! In fact, he's still on the school's payroll, as a sports ambassador or something. Would work fine for me if they canned Franchione, and made Slocum the interim coach for the remainder of the year.

Cal Berzerkly and LSU lose this weekend.

Wow.

Now if the polls place Ohio State in the #1 spot on the strength of a blowout over , uh...Kent St. [who?], the BCS is hoplelessly flawed.

BCS poll

1. Ohio State

2. USF (woo-hoo!)

3. Boston College

4. LSU

5. Oklahoma

6. South Carolina

7. Kentucky

8. Arizona State

9. West Virginia

10. Oregon

Wow! Some new schools here. SEC with three, Pac 10 and Big East with two. Big Ten and Big 12 and ACC with one each.

I'm thinking this list will be completely different by the end of the year. Although, USF has a chance to win out. They do play Thursday at Rutgers. That may be dicey.

Edited by papsrus

So the Big Ten Network sucks for being greedy pricks.

Actually, the Big Ten pretty much sucks this year. :)

Yet, they have the No. 1 ranked team in the country right now. Weird.

We'll see how long that lasts- Ohio State has upcoming away games at Michigan and Penn State, and Wisconsin and Illinois at home. I've given up doing anything but taking it all one week at a time- this is the craziest season I've ever seen, and it's made the NCAA much more interesting than this season's NFL games, IMHO.

It would be pretty wild to see USF in that #1 spot, wouldn't it? :crazy:

Indeed. I also doubt Ohio State will win out. LSU is still No. 4 in the BCS rankings, and if they manage to win the SEC, they could get a shot at the title game. Oklahoma at No. 5 as well, if they win the Big 12. That would be a nice matchup, I think. I don't know enough about BC to say one way or the other.

I've seen USF play quite a bit, and they have a really good defense. They toss the ball around pretty well on offense and have a decent running game. Kicking game is hit and miss, but they can score, no doubt. If they win out, there's a good chance they'll make the title game. With their defense, who knows ...??