Music Hall mmf-5SE turntable

Matthew

Isn't the SE the one with the wood veneer?

I have a plain 'ol MMF-5 and I love mine. I've had it about 2 and 1/3 years and it's been trouble free from the start. I just replaced the cartridge, but I was very happy with the stock cart. I should get a new stylus for it...

I felt like mine was money well spent. I purchased it from Acoustic Sounds. It came all set up; just had to balance the arm and set the tracking force.

Now expect a lot of replies that will tell you that you can do better. You can really only do that when you have something else to compare it to. I don't.

Isn't the SE the one with the wood veneer?

I have a plain 'ol MMF-5 and I love mine. I've had it about 2 and 1/3 years and it's been trouble free from the start. I just replaced the cartridge, but I was very happy with the stock cart. I should get a new stylus for it...

I felt like mine was money well spent. I purchased it from Acoustic Sounds. It came all set up; just had to balance the arm and set the tracking force.

Now expect a lot of replies that will tell you that you can do better. You can really only do that when you have something else to compare it to. I don't.

It is the wood one. I was also thinking of the MMF-5. I used to have the MMF-7.1 (had to sell it when I moved) but it wasn't a stupendous upgrade from the 2.1 that was my first tt. It seems that if I get the MMF-5, and can use the money saved for a decent phono pre-amp; that package should come out to +/- $800, with good sound.