if you could move, where to?

7/4

Maine is a place my wife and I have vacationed often in the past. We both enjoy visiting and it could become a reality in the next 10 years or so when I decide to retire. I have to admit though I'm not much of a winter person. Most reasonable people want to move to warmer climates when they get older. The climate along Maine's southern coast is pretty comparable to here in the Hudson Valley. Further inland, well that's another story entirely.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Italy.... Lake Como :wub:

Villa3(1).jpg

Realistically, I would say either the Pac NW or the East Coast to be closer to one of my brothers (one in Seattle; the other in Philadelphia)

My parents have a small place in Cernobbio, it is very beautiful there.

The down side is the ever increasing popularity with tourists.

Actually I felt like moving to anywhere in Canada when Bush won in '04.

I thinking of Germany for the same reason at the time.

If I were a young man I'd go to either New Zealand or Australia. Matter of fact, if I think about the political situation, not just Bush, the urge gets stronger, even today....anyhow...

Italy.... Lake Como :wub:

Villa3(1).jpg

Realistically, I would say either the Pac NW or the East Coast to be closer to one of my brothers (one in Seattle; the other in Philadelphia)

My parents have a small place in Cernobbio, it is very beautiful there.

The down side is the ever increasing popularity with tourists.

That would be ... us :excited:

Life has been..."interesting" since I moved back to Seattle, and I'm very, very, very seriously contemplating a move back to Philadelphia (even though I'm originally from Portland, Oregon, another terrific place) before too long. I fear I never really "took" to Seattle, and damned if I didn't always feel "at home" in Philadelphia. Something may happen before the end of the year, or very quickly in 2008...

Philly.