semi-bi-tri-qui-annual Xmas Sale: Devilin Tune

AllenLowe

please note that my lovely large-breasted assistant (he's about to have surgery fot this unfortunate condition) is holding up several copies of my multi-CD set, That Devilin Tune - please also note his extra-tight pants and the tell-tale bulges indicating his ready masculinity. He will not disappoint.

as we speak, the numbers rotate in increasing spirals of telephone sales - 18,20, 24, 12 - not sure why they are now declining -

on the phone is a Mrs. Murgatroyd from Akron:

"Please tell your audience that my life changed when I purchased your multi-volume set That Devilin Tune. My yeast infection went away, as did my husband - and thank God for both of those things. Also, after my purchase, my son got out of prison and landed a job with Blackwater, which pays very nicely - $2000 a head, I believe. He is happy because he now gets paid for the same things that, previously, got him sodomized. But please tell your audience that Devilin Tune is a good investment; my complexion has cleared up and my genital herpes seems to be improving. And I no longer have the urge for sex with farm animals."

pre-Xmas sale: each Volume of Devilin Tune for $40 shipped in the US of A; all 4 volumes for $150 shipped - order 2 or more volumes and I will thrown in a copy of Jews in Hell - prefer paypal; my paypal address is allenlowe@verizon.net - email me at same and please note that this is my new email -

To give you an idea of the album's curative properties, two listens to Orquestra Typicas' La Patti Negra (Vol. 1, disc 1, track 14) removed a small bump from my left arm and seriously reduced my dandruff.

I should add that Hot Mustard á la Henderson (disc 9, track 19 of the same volume) totally rid me of dandruff and rendered my walking cane useless! In all honesty, however, I have to add that the Volume, as a whole, made listening to Wynton's rusty retro reproductions far more painful than ever.

Have you a cure for that, Allen?

Lest jest has put the brakes on this thread, let me bring it back with a hearty recommendation. Allen put a lot of work into this monumental set and any or all volumes will decidedly enrich a collection of American music. This is rich history, authoritatively presented--Allen's notes add much to the music.

Don't mean to sound like a paid sponsor, I just happen to like Allen's work and would like to see it get the attention it deserves.

It is an amazing collection. I had heard a good amount of post-1927 jazz before obtaining this set, but very little pre-1927 jazz. This collection really opened my ears and mind to what went down in the Wilson, Harding and Coolidge Administrations, jazz wise. I don't know how else one could get this knowledge so quickly.

Listening to Volume One has been known to cure....THE HEARTBREAK OF PSORIASIS!

Lest jest has put the brakes on this thread, let me bring it back with a hearty recommendation. Allen put a lot of work into this monumental set and any or all volumes will decidedly enrich a collection of American music. This is rich history, authoritatively presented--Allen's notes add much to the music.

Don't mean to sound like a paid sponsor, I just happen to like Allen's work and would like to see it get the attention it deserves.

i have all 4 volumes and can heartily recommend them!

a must own for all jazz fans here!

i have all 4 volumes and can heartily recommend them!

a must own for all jazz fans here!

hey allen why no grammy?

:wacko:

John had his name put on the album covers as "Executive Producer" although he never did any work on the project. Being a member of the Columbia staff (which I was not) he received a percentage under the company's "Producer's incentive plan." When I eventually complained to Clive Davis about it, Clive ordered that John's name be removed from future releases. John was famous for taking credit for the work of others. When Tony Heilbut came to the label to produce a 2-LP gospel album, I warned him about John's routine. Tony didn't believe me until the album was released and John's name was on it as co-producer. Tony became more upset when Crisis, the NAACP magazine, published a glowing review, giving all the credit to John and not mentioning Tony at all.

Tony made some mention of that to John who assured him that he would straighten it all out by writing the magazine a letter. Imagine Tony's surprise when he saw the letter: "Thank you for the marvelous review, but there is one thing I must correct," wrote John, "the album is not in stereo."

BTW, I believe that was John's only Grammy. :g

yikes, I missed all this stuff. must've been asleep for a week - thanks Chris and everyone for the kind words - no Grammy this year, I guess since it's not a major-label release - though I did get honorable mention for a CD I recorded once, from the National Association of Independent Record Distributors (it was the Louis Armstrong tribute with Doc Cheatham/David Murray/Loren Schoenberg) -

just bumping again - will add to the following:

pre-Xmas sale: each Volume of Devilin Tune for $40 shipped in the US of A; all 4 volumes for $150 shipped -

in addition to the freebee of Volume 4 that I've offered for the first person to give $25 to this web site, I will give the web site $5 for each volume ordered between now and Xmas - (so if a full set is ordered, I will give Jim $20) -

email me directly at allenlowe@verizon.net

Edited by AllenLowe