Amazon Sale - 50% off selected boxed sets

Edward

Only five jazz boxed sets are included in this sale (Bill Evans Complete Village Vanguard, Complete Ella & Louis on Verve, Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Duke Ellington Songbook, Complete 1961 Village Vanguard Recordings, and Count Basie's Complete Decca Recordings), but there are a number of other sets (e.g., Nirvana, Nuggets II, Ray Charles Complete Country & Western, Otis Redding, and Sam Cooke with the Soul Stirrers) that should prove of interest at very low prices (with no sales tax and free shipping if your order exceeds $25).

Amazon Boxed Set Sale

Already received my package, considering that i received only one week ago my Mosaic stuff from their last sale, i have an impressive backlog of cds to listen.

The Oliver Nelson and the Ellington Mosaic boxsets, the solo Hill, Onzy Matthews and Pullen Selects. The Ray Charles Atlantic and Country and Western sets and the Emmylou Harris set. Plus i have a Sharon Jones CD that is still in its wrapping.

Thinking of asking my boss to go in holiday break right now

Tempted by the Sinatra Vegas, Evans Vanguard and Ray Charles Country and Western boxes. Would be interested to hear any opinions on the Ray Charles set.

Well i'm somewhat a Ray Charles virgin, and i'm going through the second cd, so far it's a 10 out of 10.

Basically these are old country tunes, some of Hank Williams stuff and many others revamped either with strings or in a gospel/ r n B fashion.

If you were lukewarm towards Charles, they will convert you.

I'm through the first 3 (of 4) disks of "Love Is the Song We Sing - SF Nuggets". Highly recommended for a serious dose of flash-back-iness into the 60's in the Bay Area. Filled with both well known groups and very obscure suburban bands. Extensively documented and presented in book format with the CDs inserted in a cardboard cutout arrangement inside the back cover.

51zSsrF5NhL._AA240_.jpg