Happy Birthday Ghost!!!

Sitting here next to me to help bring in the cold weather in Texas..... yes, he answered my Christmas invite and he is currently slogging back the Shiner Bock with me.... none other than THE RED MENACE!!! :excited::excited::excited:

See, I thought Christmas had come early when I saw this gentleman in a red suit calling "HO HO HO," but when I realized that this Santa had a Russian accent, I knew that a REAL figment of my imagination had arrived and I invited him in. Here, I'm turning over the keyboard to him so he can say a few words to the great Ghost:

Comrade, you were right. I didn't believe you when you said it, so I had to check out for myself. "Red state" does NOT mean wonderful Communist society. I went to local supermarket (what is it with these capitalists and their need to stock their shelves with mass quatities of things you should be able to grow/kill yourselves and hoard it all from the people and CHARGE them for it?) and was alarmed to find people shopping with ease and comfort! How do these people live? Mr. Al, despite his obnoxious capitalist tendencies, has been most gracious host, and this Shiner Bock stuff isn't.... oh wait, must try new language Mr. Al taught me, something called "Texan".... this stuff ain't half bad, y'all!

So, Comrade David, keep fighting good fight! After a weekend here, I can tell you we have long fight ahead of us! But God unwilling, we will succeed! Now, must go retrieve more Shiner for me and Mr. Al, as he is still trying to explain to me how a cow with long horns is a football team and their arch-rivals are these Aggies(sp?) who must be real bad (ultra-conservative, dressed in black) and another bunch of raiders who wear red (now he confuse me: if "red state" is NOT Communist paradise, then why are we against these "red" raiders? Maybe Mr. Al is afraid these raiders are truly the liberators we hope for, ya?)

Hey David, it's Al again. Man, it is such a treat to finally meet a legend like the Menace! I hope our red-state ways don't keep him from coming back. From what I understand, he has yet to meet Lon, Sangrey, Aggie, and all the other fine Texans on this board. Which reminds me: YOU OUGHTA COME DOWN HERE SOMETIME AS WELL!!!!! I mean, if a figment of my imagination can show up and drink with me, why can't a real person? :g

Happy birthday, David! You are truly one of the great ones! :)

Edited by Big Al

Wow... many thanks, Al! And for the update from Red as well... I don't see him as much these days, and I understand he's pretty much retired from the Politics forum. Ah well, that's how it goes with those commie-types... they eventually throw over their ideology for a heap of RVG Blue Notes or some other consumerist goodies.

And many thanks to everyone else... speaking of RVGs, got the two new Jimmy Smiths, BACK AT THE CHICKEN SHACK and MIDNIGHT SPECIAL, as well as the Warne Marsh bio. A good day!