Jimi Plays Berkeley

jazzbo

Well, Jimi Plays Berkeley has been out on both cd and dvd for a week or more. . . .

6300021.jpg

I picked up copies this weekend. The dvd is very nice, it contains the 67 minute long movie that drew from both shows, AND the complete second show as well, audio only.

Which surprisingly enough is what the cd consists of, the complete second show. So for those who use a dvd player as their main cd source as well (I'm not one of those, my main listening system does not include a dvd or any type of video player) then you don't have any reason to buy the cd.

Jimi was on that night. Collectors have tapes of an afternoon soundcheck, the complete first show and the complete second show. Sure would have been nice if all of this had been released on a three cd set, but I can understand why it wasn't. . . . .

Edited by jazzbo

If you only buy one live Jimi show, this is the one to get! The first show on that day is great too. If I remember correctly, the first show is longer and runs over 80 minutes. Either it will have to be put on 2 discs, or some editing will be necessary. Adding the soundcheck would be a nice filler. This would make a great Dagger Records release.