Nick Lowe Jesus of Cool 30th Anniversary Resurrection

HolyStitt

j34794bhd6y.jpg

I have only heard the first dozen tracks of the reissue but it seems to be an improvement in the sound on the previous CD issues.

My only complaints so far is that they didn't use the original cover for Jesus of Cool

e6977818kv3.jpg

but instead something closer to the cover for Pure Pop for Now People

c01715h84ky.jpg

and they should have found a way to put Truth Drug on the CD as an extra instead of a free download.

Always a great line from the song Marie Provost: She was a winner that became a doggie's dinner.

j34794bhd6y.jpg

c01715h84ky.jpg

Good eye! I hadn't noticed the differences with the tiny online pictures I'd seen. I'm glad to see this get back into print and I plan on picking it up, as my Lowe is on cassette (a dead format for me.)

Edited by Quincy

j34794bhd6y.jpg

I have only heard the first dozen tracks of the reissue but it seems to be an improvement in the sound on the previous CD issues.

My only complaints so far is that they didn't use the original cover for Jesus of Cool

e6977818kv3.jpg

c01715h84ky.jpg

and they should have found a way to put Truth Drug on the CD as an extra instead of a free download.

Always a great line from the song Marie Provost: She was a winner that became a doggie's dinner.

"...She never meant that much to me

Woah--oh-oh poor Marie"

Great pop songwriter. Haven't listed to the ol' LPs in a long while, but Basher is never far from my CD player.

Basher is wonderful. His LPs were also great for all the throwaway songs that somehow were unforgettable. For instance, My Heart Hurts from Nick The Knife. And let's not forget the great albums he produced for his then-wife Carlene Carter.

I have never heard Nick The Knife or the LPs he produced for others (excluding the ones for Elvis Costello). Most of his catalog is out of print and getting too expensive to buy.

I have:

Jesus of Cool/Pure Pop for Now People/ Jesus of Cool 30th Anniversary Resurrection

a ton of singles that came out around the time period

Labour of Lust

Nick Lowe & His Cowboy Outfit (Just found it on LP, I haven't heard it yet but love the song Half a Boy and Half a Man)

The Rose of England

Party of One

The Impossible Bird

Dig My Mood

The Convincer

Untouched Takeaway

At My Age

Basher: The Best of Nick Lowe

The Wilderness Years

I also have a couple of the Edmunds LPs he plays on and the Rockpile CD.

All of the stuff I have heard I liked but my favorite era has been the music on the last four studio releases: The Impossible Bird, Dig My Mood, The Convincer, and At My Age.

I saw him perform at a club in town last fall and was blown away by his performance. He came out with an acoustic guitar and just blew me away with his interpretation of his songs and his witty banter.

I have never heard Nick The Knife or the LPs he produced for others (excluding the ones for Elvis Costello). Most of his catalog is out of print and getting too expensive to buy.

I have:

Jesus of Cool/Pure Pop for Now People/ Jesus of Cool 30th Anniversary Resurrection

a ton of singles that came out around the time period

Labour of Lust

Nick Lowe & His Cowboy Outfit (Just found it on LP, I haven't heard it yet but love the song Half a Boy and Half a Man)

The Rose of England

Party of One

The Impossible Bird

Dig My Mood

The Convincer

Untouched Takeaway

At My Age

Basher: The Best of Nick Lowe

The Wilderness Years

I also have a couple of the Edmunds LPs he plays on and the Rockpile CD.

All of the stuff I have heard I liked but my favorite era has been the music on the last four studio releases: The Impossible Bird, Dig My Mood, The Convincer, and At My Age.

I saw him perform at a club in town last fall and was blown away by his performance. He came out with an acoustic guitar and just blew me away with his interpretation of his songs and his witty banter.

You need to track down the box set "the doings' lots of goodies on it especially disc 4 live stuff from 82 and demos.

Also has some live material from 94/98.

You need to track down the box set "the doings' lots of goodies on it especially disc 4 live stuff from 82 and demos.

Also has some live material from 94/98.

I would love to have it but I know it duplicates a ton of the material I already own and it is out of print, so the last I saw it is going for over a $100.

• 1 month later...

Just bought this.

The fact that it's the Jesus of Cool song lineup is a bit of a drag. I knew it was, of course, but I'll always like Pure Pop as an album more than Jesus of Cool, though the latter is arguably the better title.

But what's up with the packaging? You have to unfold it every which way like a piece of oragami to get at the damn CD, and then the disc is held in a cardboard sleeve rather than on a spindle. I hate that.

Good sound though.

But what's up with the packaging? You have to unfold it every which way like a piece of oragami to get at the damn CD, and then the disc is held in a cardboard sleeve rather than on a spindle. I hate that.

Wait till you're done playing the disc and have to fold it back up. I can barely fold a shirt, so some days it takes me 2 or 3 tries to fold it up right.

Wait till you're done playing the disc and have to fold it back up. I can barely fold a shirt, so some days it takes me 2 or 3 tries to fold it up right.

Tell me about it. I've folded the damn thing the wrong way at least six times already!

Tell me about it. I've folded the damn thing the wrong way at least six times already!

Jesus! That ain't cool!

I think I'll stick with my vinyl...