MLB 2008

Anyone want to question my prognostication skills now? Thank God for House (excellent episode, but I still managed to switch back to catch each ball rocket out of the park) but what I am going to distract myself with now?

As to the arrogance of Rays fans, I direct you to this page at the Hardball Times site. The guy is a motherfucking asshole, and he's supposed to be giving logical reasons why the Rays should win. Instead the piece drips with arrogance and condescension (and for you Phils fans, he's looking forward to keeping your city in its place). Can you believe the arrogance of this a-hole?

Oh, and last thing I have to mention - did anyone see the article about women getting bikini-wax "rayhawks" to "support the team"? First of all, how can anyone tell you are supporting the team, and secondly, isn't this what's been known as the "landing strip" for about 15 years?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, if they don't win tonight, this is over, just like with the Indians last... oh... wait... but, really, if they don't win it'll be just like it was against the Skanks in '04... oh... no... hmmm... nevermind.

IT AIN'T OVER TILL IT'S FREAKIN' OVER!

Edited by Thom Keith

Okay... Delcarmen basically sucked it, but then, those who've watched this year knew that would be the case because, well... he sucks. (He doesn't suck, he's just inconsistent as hell, which, as a reliever translates to, he sucks.) Anyway, Francoma then chooses Javey I'm-petrified-of-coming-into-a-game-with-men-on-base Lopez to piss gasoline on the fire. Jesus H. Fucking Grady Goddamned Little, is this fucking moron ever going to GET IT!?

No matter, we've got them right where we want them! This is what we do. We'll piss napalm and shit fire all over that sad-ass dome and take this fucker anyway! (Okay, I'm actually shitting my pants, but in the name of Eddie Freakin' Andelman, I BELIEVE!!!!!!!)

You cling to that dream. (and who the fuck was Francona going to bring in? I-let-all-inherited-runners-score Okajima?

In the meantime, the Master Prognosticator is now predicting an equally embarrassing defeat on Thursday. Dice will walk the ballpark and as his first hit allowed with the bases loaded, Longoria will crank one over the Monster and the rout will be on. By the end of the game, it will sound like the Trop USED to sound like when the Red Sox visited, that is, it will sound like a home game for the visitors. For the first time since '86, league championship champagne will be spilled in Fenway, except it will flow in the visitor's clubhouse. And it is only appropriate that this pathetic team of embarrassing incompetents will sit and watch the party start.

Hey, at least your pathetic team of embarrassing incompetents actually reached the playoffs, unlike my pathetic team of embarrassing incompetents (who wrote the book on the subject) and a whole lot of other pathetic team of embarrassing incompetents who also didn't make the playoffs. Also, your pathetic team of embarrassing incompetents got further than BOTH pathetic teams of embarrassing incompetents from Chicago, both of whom finished with better records than the Red Sox. And let's not forget the pathetic team of embarrassing incompetents from New York. Hell, compared to them a LOT of teams fared better this year.

In other words, QUIT YER BITCHIN' ALREADY!!!! Start the 2009 MLB thread now so we can all start griping about how lousy our teams are!

Hey, at least your pathetic team of embarrassing incompetents actually reached the playoffs, unlike my pathetic team of embarrassing incompetents (who wrote the book on the subject) and a whole lot of other pathetic team of embarrassing incompetents who also didn't make the playoffs. Also, your pathetic team of embarrassing incompetents got further than BOTH pathetic teams of embarrassing incompetents from Chicago, both of whom finished with better records than the Red Sox. And let's not forget the pathetic team of embarrassing incompetents from New York. Hell, compared to them a LOT of teams fared better this year.

In other words, QUIT YER BITCHIN' ALREADY!!!! Start the 2009 MLB thread now so we can all start griping about how lousy our teams are!

Point taken Al but isn't it easier to deal with when your pathetic team of embarrassing incompetents settles into where it belongs long before the playoff participants are decided? Instead of, say, making you believe they can win it all until a couple of lame-brained decisions a few days ago changed everything?

Right on , and let me tell ya Dan and all you other Red Sox fans if we lose Thursday or Saturday i'm getting up off the couch

and giving them a STANDING OVATION !!!!!!

They have battled injuries and the whole Manny fiasco and have overcome all kinds of crap and they made to the ALCS and i still won't give up till it's over .......Give the SOX some Credit !

Point taken Al but isn't it easier to deal with when your pathetic team of embarrassing incompetents settles into where it belongs long before the playoff participants are decided? Instead of, say, making you believe they can win it all until a couple of lame-brained decisions a few days ago changed everything?

You bring up a good point , maybe Francona should not have let Beckett come back out in the 5th ????

Lets face it Becketts hurt , Drew is Hurt , Lowell is having surgery Monday !!....If Shields was hurt and Langoria was having surgery on Monday and Crawford was hurt like Drew and Pena had a wrist problem are the Rays in the playoffs ?

Well, I am a Cubs fan so I guess I have some idea..... :w

But yeah, I hear ya.

Right on , and let me tell ya Dan and all you other Red Sox fans if we lose Thursday or Saturday i'm getting up off the couch

and giving them a STANDING OVATION !!!!!!

They have battled injuries and the whole Manny fiasco and have overcome all kinds of crap and they made to the ALCS and i still won't give up till it's over .......Give the SOX some Credit !

F*ckin'-A right!

Oh, and last thing I have to mention - did anyone see the article about women getting bikini-wax "rayhawks" to "support the team"? First of all, how can anyone tell you are supporting the team, and secondly, isn't this what's been known as the "landing strip" for about 15 years?

at the very least provide a link. :crazy: i'm sick of seeing the commercial for some such up here where a fat gal gets a Sox logo on her shoulder.

at the very least provide a link. :crazy: i'm sick of seeing the commercial for some such up here where a fat gal gets a Sox logo on her shoulder.

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/speci...spirit_the.html

I found another article in which the person offering the service said she won't dye the results but according to her website, she will die it "Rays Blue".

The Rays have switched to Kazmir for Game 5.

And you know what? All of a sudden I have a tiny bit larger hope they can send it back to Tampa. I mean, Kazmir is the one guy we pounded. He hasn't pitched well against the Sox in almost all of his starts against Boston. Jason Bay has pounded him from the moment he came to the league, and Bay is one of the few guys that is hitting. Papi might even hammer one of his fastballs. Pedroia punished him.

The Rays could be giving the sleeping giant a wake up call here.

Shields has been the better pitcher, why bring back the guy who nearly lost Game 2? It won't matter in the end but I am going to change my prediction and say that the Sox will win, 8-3. I don't expect different results from Beckett at the Trop, but I do think they'll send it back there.

The Rays have switched to Kazmir for Game 5.

And you know what? All of a sudden I have a tiny bit larger hope they can send it back to Tampa. I mean, Kazmir is the one guy we pounded. He hasn't pitched well against the Sox in almost all of his starts against Boston. Jason Bay has pounded him from the moment he came to the league, and Bay is one of the few guys that is hitting. Papi might even hammer one of his fastballs. Pedroia punished him.

The Rays could be giving the sleeping giant a wake up call here.

Shields has been the better pitcher, why bring back the guy who nearly lost Game 2? It won't matter in the end but I am going to change my prediction and say that the Sox will win, 8-3. I don't expect different results from Beckett at the Trop, but I do think they'll send it back there.

This is an odd move. Kaz is clearly their weakest starter right now. Maddon is a mad cat who seems to pull all the right strings, but I'm not getting this move at all. Maybe he's halfway conceding the loss to Dice K and wants a shot to play for the series at home? I doubt it, but it almost smells like it. He's not usually one to over-think things like that. If he's going with Kaz, he must think he gives him the best shot at winning. Odd ... :blink:

Ah, after actually reading the article it sounds like he's doing it for the sake of the bullpen, because he knows he's not getting more than 5 innings out of Kaz.

"... We like the fact that [Kazmir is] pitching with an open day following, the ability to utilize the entire bullpen.
Edited by papsrus

He's also doing it because Kazmir hasn't pitched so bad at Fenway, while Shields has (ERA of 12). So he figures Shields is a better bet to pitch great at home, if needed, regardless of what Kazmir does. But as I said, there's a risk that the bats wake up because, as curious as it may be, I suspect they like the idea of facing Kazmir. So if Dice-K manages to quiet the bats (I doubt he will) and our bats come alive, we might go into Tampa believing that it can happen again.

In the meantime, I am absolutely thrilled to see that Florida State is playing NC State Thursday night. That will give me something to switch over to when the results at Fenway are annoying. FSU may be my alma mater but I hold no illusions about their chances this season, so watching them screw up against NC State won't be nearly as disappointing as watching the Sox fall. In fact, it will take my mind off of it. ;)

Oh who am I kidding? This is shaping up to be an awful hot stove season. All the teams I follow in college and the pros suck (Pats, Bears, FSU) or are coming back to Earth with a thud (Vandy). I could easily foresee that from this weekend until the Super Bowl, I won't give a shit who is playing whom or who wins or anything. I'll be looking for alternative activities Saturdays and Sundays (when do those chat sessions start anyway? :g )

Congrats, Phillies fans.

There was an embarrassing article in today's LA Times about rowdy Dodger fans dumping beers on and picking fights with visiting Phillies fans. Is it like that at other stadiums, or is it just the leftover Raider fans? Stupid jerks make the team look bad. I do a lot of tailgating at UCLA home games and I always enjoy how cool it is to have some friendly banter with the visiting fans. Trash talk with a smile, or just be a good ambassador for the Bruins. These jackasses who attack visiting fans have zero class and don't deserve to root for the Dodgers.