MLB 2008

Aki is still leading off and Bartlett is still number nine. Cora in for Lowery. If Tek and Cora manage 3 hits between them, there's a chance we'll be in good shape. We may survive an oh for, but I'd think we'd do well if those two do hit.

I would leave Lowery in , thats a mistake he has better range than Cora . Maybe Cora does better against Garza?

Francona and the coaches believe that Cora handles hard throwing righties better. I'm too lazy to see if Cora got any hits in Game 3.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They did a poll on WBZ-TV and 74% of people polled said they missed the comeback .

They just showed the Sox working out in Tampa , it was optional BUT the whole team showed up !!!!

Tampa did not work out today ........

You would have thought fans would have hung in until the bitter end. Glad I saw it. However, I do fess up to missing the 88 Kirk Gibson HR against the As. I woke up right after I hit it.

I was off and thus able to stay up to see the end of the game, but for a lot of people with jobs they just can't stay up that late and be halfway alert at work the next day. I only see the ends of games on the weekend or if I have the next day off. These post-midnight endings are rough for people on the East Coast.

No THAT (strike 'em out/throw 'em out DP) was a stupid fahkin' play! What the hell were they thinking?! Good news is that's likely the game for Garza. Even if he starts the 7th, he likely won't finish it. Provided Lester and the pen can keep things intact, this game is still very much wide open.

This is what a Game 7 should be!

This is why I will forever be fucking programmed to expect failure. And to lose this way, to a nothing pitcher who spent three innings throwing balls in the dirt and around people's heads, is fucking infuriating.

And as an aside, does that asshole Garza have a fucking salivary gland disorder? His compulsive spitting is disgusting and happens about every three seconds.

That was NOT strike 3 ....That was not a STRIKE ......

What the fuck are you talking about?????

HIS FUCKING BAT HEAD WENT A FOOT BEYOND THE PLATE!

Once again, nauseating, pathetic failure. Two on and nobody out, the asshole Garza out of the game, the fucking pathetic bullpen BEGGING to be given the chance to blow up, and they still fail.

That was NOT strike 3 ....That was not a STRIKE ......

What the fuck are you talking about?????

HIS FUCKING BAT HEAD WENT A FOOT BEYOND THE PLATE!

Once again, nauseating, pathetic failure. Two on and nobody out, the asshole Garza out of the game, the fucking pathetic bullpen BEGGING to be given the chance to blow up, and they still fail.

I did not see it , i must of missed the replay ....he really went around ?

I WILL DANCE IN THE FUCKING STREET IF THAT WAS THE LAST TIME I WATCH VARITEK FLAIL.

You're kidding, right? A 3-1 game, tight all the way to the end; can't you acknowledge that maybe the Rays played a helluva game and did what they had to do to win, and just tip your cap to them? Yes, I know if you're a Sox fan this is heartbreaking, but damn man, it's not like this was a blowout, or a come-from-behind bullpen meltdown, or anything else even remotely embarrassing. IMHO, this was a game that was fought to the bitter end, and the only reason it ends is because eventually one team wins and one team loses.

And give me a break about being programmed for failure. Your team has won how many World Series in the last ten years? More than BOTH of my teams (Rangers & Cubs) COMBINED!!!

The Red Sox a pathetic failure my fat ass. Give it a rest already.

Bummer. Except for three incredible innings in game 5, this was an otherwise forgettable series, which is pretty much what you can say for the whole postseason. Hasn't been exciting baseball.

Gotta disagree there. That Red Sox comeback in game five (which apprently was watched by everyone EXCEPT Red Sox fans) was unbelievable, game six was even more exciting, and this was one could've gone either way. All it could've taken was one swing of the bat. Series like this, IMHO, are what make baseball so wonderful.

The Rays played their hearts out, and won. The Sox did not quit, they just lost. Someone has to. You do swing at pitches that are not strike at times,(Sox less than most teams) you have to, or you sit there with your bat on your shoulders like Kotsay and Drew at least tried to do. I fully expected another last minute win from the Red Sox. It's nice to see some fresh blood in the playoffs. Baseball needs it. The fans need it.

Price pitched very well, thank God they didn't take him out like Buck Martinez was talking about....Boulfour(sp) couldn't pitch a strike to save his life last time out....

Paps, Congrats, enjoy!!!! :excited:

Bummer. Except for three incredible innings in game 5, this was an otherwise forgettable series, which is pretty much what you can say for the whole postseason. Hasn't been exciting baseball.

Gotta disagree there. That Red Sox comeback in game five (which apprently was watched by everyone EXCEPT Red Sox fans) was unbelievable, game six was even more exciting, and this was one could've gone either way. All it could've taken was one swing of the bat. Series like this, IMHO, are what make baseball so wonderful.

I agree Al. I had to keep flipping away during the last 3 games, I felt so stressed! This team reminds me so much of the Braves of course, in 1991. I wouldn't have been a bit surprised to see Drew hit another late inning homer, for for even Lowrie to hit a 3 run homer or tie the game up.

Edited by BERIGAN

I WILL DANCE IN THE FUCKING STREET IF THAT WAS THE LAST TIME I WATCH VARITEK FLAIL.

You're kidding, right? A 3-1 game, tight all the way to the end; can't you acknowledge that maybe the Rays played a helluva game and did what they had to do to win, and just tip your cap to them? Yes, I know if you're a Sox fan this is heartbreaking, but damn man, it's not like this was a blowout, or a come-from-behind bullpen meltdown, or anything else even remotely embarrassing. IMHO, this was a game that was fought to the bitter end, and the only reason it ends is because eventually one team wins and one team loses.

And give me a break about being programmed for failure. Your team has won how many World Series in the last ten years? More than BOTH of my teams (Rangers & Cubs) COMBINED!!!

The Red Sox a pathetic failure my fat ass. Give it a rest already.

Al you are so right , Dan we played our hearts out, we won the WS last year and with all these injuries to still

make it to the 7th game of the ALCS .......WOW !

I agree that part of game 5 was exciting (hey, the game will go down in history) but for the most part the rest of the series was ok.

But I do agree that after winning two titles in three years, it's not the end of the world and as Al noted they took them to the 7th game so they went down fighting and let's face it Garza was awesome tonight. Lester was good but Garza was just a little bit better. I'm sure these two teams will give us great baseball for many years to come.

The Rays played their hearts out, and won. The Sox did not quit, they just lost. Someone has to. You do swing at pitches that are not strike at times,(Sox less than most teams) you have to, or you sit there with your bat on your shoulders like Kotsay and Drew at least tried to do. I fully expected another last minute win from the Red Sox. It's nice to see some fresh blood in the playoffs. Baseball needs it. The fans need it.

It's been a fresh blood kind of postseason for this decade. White Sox, Astros, Rockies, Angels, Giants, Diamond Backs and yes, the Red Sox were once fresh too. (But like fish & family...;)) It had been awhile for the Tigers & Cardinals too. Now the Marlins on the other hand, c'mon, 2 titles for those newbies. Argh.

I happy with the matchup as both Phillies & Rays are playing good ball. The only way I wanted to see the Sox was if the Dodgers got in, just to watch all of that neurotic ugliness. :lol:

Price pitched very well, thank God they didn't take him out like Buck Martinez was talking about...

That reminded of the Super Bowl where John Madden saying the Pats should take a knee with that kid Brady and try to win it overtime. I think Madden stopped by the time the Pats had crossed midfield. No more situational relief for Price - let 'em close! Then see ya in the rotation next year.

Paps, Congrats, enjoy!!!! :excited:

Yes indeed! What a story. And darn it, add the Rays to Marlins & Diamond Backs of teams younger than the Mariners to make it to the World Series.