EMusic Pricing structure changes

Uncle Skid

I was starting to feel a bit guilty for downloading several hundred albums during my recent 4-month stay there and then canceling - but now I don't feel so bad.

That's quite a throttle they've thrown on their site - going from 2000 tracks per month down to just 65 for the same price. :(

Same here.....but I still managed to make out like a bandit before they threw up the download speed roadblock. They said unlimited downloads and I took them at their word....so they can eat flaming death. And yes Claude, they've even scrapped the bulletin board to keep the troops from carping -- too funny.

I've been able to download quite a bit in the last two days, even with the timeouts and errors -- there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, other than early in the morning (EST) seems to be the best time to download quickly and error-free.

Here a couple of bulletin boards set up by fans, with some interesting commentary and gossip:

Mixtape Forums: An EMusic Fan Site

The Emusic Refugee's Forum

there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, other than early in the morning (EST) seems to be the best time to download quickly and error-free.

Here a couple of bulletin boards set up by fans, with some interesting commentary and gossip:

Mixtape Forums: An EMusic Fan Site

The Emusic Refugee's Forum

Been slow as molasses for hours.......but I'll be up bright and early while all of those troublesome downloading fiends on the West Coast are still catching ZZZzzz's. :eye:

So I've been scrambling to download stuff I've been meaning to get since the bad news came through. Unfortunately it gets worse, as every album I download has ERROR tracks galore and my computer has stalled out a number of times. Namely, the fourth track on Dexter Gordon LIVE AT MONTREAX froze my shit twice. Aggravating as hell, I certainly won't renew my subscription if this is the kind crap I'll have to deal with.

To top it off, I can't access the HELP page to tell them how I feel about it. :P

Aahhhhh, there we go....disc 12 from that Wes Montgomery Riverside box is in the bag......what next? Oh, and pleasant dreams about Arnie to you Mule. :g

Thanks, Weizy, but I'm not as panicked about Schwarzenegger as some of my brethren. Given the choices, he wasn't the worst, although his abuse of women may continue to haunt his career in politics...

I'm more pissed off about EMusic!!!! :rmad:

So I've been scrambling to download stuff I've been meaning to get since the bad news came through. Unfortunately it gets worse, as every album I download has ERROR tracks galore and my computer has stalled out a number of times. Namely, the fourth track on Dexter Gordon LIVE AT MONTREAX froze my shit twice. Aggravating as hell, I certainly won't renew my subscription if this is the kind crap I'll have to deal with.

To top it off, I can't access the HELP page to tell them how I feel about it. :P

Yeah, I bypass the error tracks and pick them up later. I'll sometimes cue up the same track 3 or 4 times in a row and then alternate between clicking on 'cancel' and 'resume' until the dang thing kicks into gear. Usually works. Took 8 or 9 attempts to finally get the last track ('The Dolphin') on a Stan Getz Quartet lp. The Cal Tjader stuff is by far the worst imo when it comes to the start/stop/error/ biz -- I gave up on Cal. I found some corny Octoberfest cd that I wanted to save for a party next year and damn if that wasn't the hardest one of all to nail down.

I had to keep at it and cue up one track it least 15 times before it finally downloaded. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do! :g

Weizen, I stopped doing the repetitious cancel/resume thing when it started freezing my computer up. I've also found that very often the tracks that will not immediately download are very often the same tracks that won't extract. I was trying to get Monk's ALONE IN SAN FRANCISCO and it was absolutely riddled with error tracks. I'm betting it won't extract. Oh well, it's one I should buy anyway.