Return To Forever

Di Meola struck me then as a reasonably skilled hard rock guitarist. There was not the jazz "something more" in his playing that one got from Coryell and McLaughlin at that time, although they were similarly amped up and playing rock oriented material at their concerts.

I have one of DiMeola's solo albums (Eleganct Gypsy) and it is not bad. (Not great either.) Not much of the over-the-top corniness of Romantic Warrior.

Guy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Di Meola struck me then as a reasonably skilled hard rock guitarist. There was not the jazz "something more" in his playing that one got from Coryell and McLaughlin at that time, although they were similarly amped up and playing rock oriented material at their concerts.

I have one of DiMeola's solo albums (Eleganct Gypsy) and it is not bad. (Not great either.) Not much of the over-the-top corniness of Romantic Warrior.

Guy

Is that the album that contains "Racing With The Devil On A Spanish Highway"? That's one of the few DiMeola tunes that I've always liked. Although I've got a cover version from a band called Riot that smokes the original.