Avishai Cohen the bassist and Avishai Cohen the trumpeter???

bluemonk

I just picked up the Trumpet player Avishai Cohen's After The Big Rain and he is bad ass. I bought it on recommendations from friends and its well worth it. It also has Lionel Loueke on it who is kind of blowing up right now playing with Herbie Hancock.

The bass player is freaking awesome. Make sure to check out his work with Chick Corea (especially his bass playing on Fingerprints on Past and Future Presents) and last couple trio records under his own name.

There was an interesting read in the May issue Jazz Times on the Cohen's and the Israeli Jazz Wave in NY.

I just picked up the Trumpet player Avishai Cohen's After The Big Rain and he is bad ass. I bought it on recommendations from friends and its well worth it. It also has Lionel Loueke on it who is kind of blowing up right now playing with Herbie Hancock.

The bass player is freaking awesome. Make sure to check out his work with Chick Corea (especially his bass playing on Fingerprints on Past and Future Presents) and last couple trio records under his own name.

There was an interesting read in the May issue Jazz Times on the Cohen's and the Israeli Jazz Wave in NY.

I bought "3 Cohens - Braid" last night. I'm really forward to hearing it. Very gifted musical family. From the sound samples I've heard, her brother really can tear a trumpet up which is evident on the song "Freedom" from this album.