BFT #59 "sign-up"

tkeith

What Do You Think of This BFT Format?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know I'm jumping the gun by a couple of days, but I figured it would give time for some beta testing. This one's a bit different -- I'm going to make it available electronically AND for download. The sound fidelity will be the same for both (as low as 128 for some live boots, up to 192, my standard rip).

If you want to do the BFT online, just navigate to my Blindfold Tests page, and click on the directory labeled Blindfold Test 59. You'll have to play each tune separately by clicking on it.

edit: Well... shit. That's why I said beta test. Track names have been scrubbed (stupid PC).

If you prefer to burn a disc, you can right-click here and choose "Save target as..." to download in .zip format. No Rapid Share (I hate them), no Mega Upload -- direct from my server, so there should be no hassles.

I'll start the discussion thread soon.

If you have any issues, feel free to contact me directly.

Just a heads up on the style -- this is more a test of 'whos' than a test of 'whats'. Several of the tunes are from unreleased private recordings. There should be at least a couple that are nearly impossible.

Advance apologies to Berigan for my tastes. :winky:

Edited by Thom Keith

OK, I've downloaded the compressed file, and now I'm supposed to buy the software so I can open it? I went to the website, and saw that their is a trial version available, but I don't know which one to get! How about a little assistance for those of us older folks who are trying, but are somewhat technologically challenged!

:unsure:

I have not downloaded the compressed file, but as it is a .rar file, you can get Winrar : 30 days of trial and after that, you have to wait 4 seconds before extracting/opening/etc.. and it works with almost all compressed format.

But as Chas mentionned, I would wait a hidden-titles version before downloading.

And thank you Thom, I'm in !

I have not downloaded the compressed file, but as it is a .rar file, you can get Winrar : 30 days of trial and after that, you have to wait 4 seconds before extracting/opening/etc.. and it works with almost all compressed format.

But as Chas mentionned, I would wait a hidden-titles version before downloading.

And thank you Thom, I'm in !

.zip file is currently uploading. Winrar is pretty popular and it didn't occur to me right away. Hopefully the .zip won't cause the same issue. If I *had* to download an extractor, I'd go with WinRar, but that's just me. Anyway, I'll add the .zip link to the original post.

OK, I've downloaded the compressed file, and now I'm supposed to buy the software so I can open it? I went to the website, and saw that their is a trial version available, but I don't know which one to get! How about a little assistance for those of us older folks who are trying, but are somewhat technologically challenged!

:unsure:

Just reread this post. Are you familiar with WinZip? Depending on what operating system you're using, you may be able to just double-click on a .zip file and have it decompress (if you're running Windows XP, I think you'll be all set). If not, I'd go with WinRar, the trial version is free and has an annoying popup that comes up asking you to buy each time you run it. My current 30-day trial has been running flawlessly for four-and-a-half years. Sorry guys, didn't intend for this to be a project.

Jack, I'm really curious as to not only whether you'll get a few of these, but if, in fact, you may have been at one or more of these shows. I'm guessing that you weren't at one, but maybe at the same club two-days later for the same group (sort of). A lot of the Boston faithful went on Thursday, I was there on Tuesday... but then, I've probably told you too much. :unsure:

Okay... the track names have been scrubbed... if you downloaded it before 8PM, delete that sucker and grab it again -- that's the easiest way. My apologies for that. It's user error, but a PC vs. Mac based oversight. All should be good now.

OK, I've deleted the .rar file I downloaded last night, but when I right click on the link in your first post, I get "Webpage is Unavailable". Maybe this is a temporary situation? I am familiar with Zip files, and should have no trouble unzipping it, if I can only get the damned thing! :unsure:

OK, I've deleted the .rar file I downloaded last night, but when I right click on the link in your first post, I get "Webpage is Unavailable". Maybe this is a temporary situation? I am familiar with Zip files, and should have no trouble unzipping it, if I can only get the damned thing! :unsure:

Syntax. Should be fine now. (Beta testing... beta testing) ;)

Sorry to be so thick - which link do I use now?

MG

Either one. There should now only be the one for downloading the .zip file (I trashed the .rar version, figuring that WinRar can cope with .zip anyway). Option B, you can listen right over the 'puter if you click the other link.

Nobody is thick, this is all a huge beta test (seriously!).

• 2 weeks later...