Best rendition of "Some Other Time"

always learning

Not an instrumental interpretation, but there's a moving vocal version on Columbia's 1960 ON THE TOWN soundtrack (reissued on CD) that features the song's lyric writers, Adolph Green and Betty Comden. You might also want to check out the Tony Bennett/Bill Evans version found on their first collaborative album.

Isn't "Some Other Time" on Everybody Digs Bill Evans as a bonus track? Unless my memory is failing, Peace Piece came into being when Bill was trying to work out an intro for SOT during that session.

Right. I was going on my memory of the old LP. I'll try to listen to the CD with "Some Other Time" if it's not packed away.

Just checked out the track listing on amazon. You're right, it's the last cut. A win/win for this CD- time to pop for it.

Isn't "Some Other Time" on Everybody Digs Bill Evans as a bonus track? Unless my memory is failing, Peace Piece came into being when Bill was trying to work out an intro for SOT during that session.

Bill Evans recorded this tune quite a few times.

It was also a favorite of pianist John Hicks who recorded it 3 or 4 times.

Art Farmer's version on the album HOMECOMING is nice, but not (in my view) among his best efforts.

I would say the same thing for Warren Vache's treatment on his CD DREAM DANCING.

Tony Coe plays a fine solo in his Paul Gonsalves style on this CD.

WARREN VACHE/TONY COE/ALAN BARNES OCTET - JUMPIN' - ZEPHYR

Ralph Moore shows us his vibrato on his solo from his CD WHO IT IS YOU ARE on Savoy.