Kart on whpk now

papsrus

Listened to pretty much the whole show. Great music and conversations. Enjoyed the story about hearing Ayler in NYC.

I'm curious Larry, I'm not sure I got the title correct, but is "Luminescence Live" the Josh Berman, Keefe Jackson recording you referred to during the broadcast?

Listened to pretty much the whole show. Great music and conversations. Enjoyed the story about hearing Ayler in NYC.

I'm curious Larry, I'm not sure I got the title correct, but is "Luminescence Live" the Josh Berman, Keefe Jackson recording you referred to during the broadcast?

I don't think that's the one, because "Luminescence Live" is a quartet recording and this one is a duo. Didn't see a title at the time, but I have a copy at home, still packed way though, I think, so it may take me a while to check. It was issued in an edition of 100 or so copies and has a beautiful handmade cover.

Good to hear a few snatches of this, though unfortunately I had guests visiting so missed a lot (including the Ayler!). Caught Jan Johansen, Fats Waller, Ornette on Tenor, & a pianist playing "Everything I've Got" (didn't catch the name), among other things. Great to hear your voice, & your thoughts on the selections.

Edited by Nate Dorward