20 questions on Eric Dolphy

Johnny E

I scored a 6 which isn't bad considering I don't own any Dolphy and I don't care for his music generally. I do have Coltrane's "Ole" and "Live at Village Vanguard," along with Hill's "Point of Departure." Well I guess I do own "Iron Man," though I have no idea who he dedicated that to. I respect him as a musician but he's not my cup of tea.

Nice to see you posting in a non-political forum, John.  :tup

I read almost all the threads and I gain lots of knowledge (thanks everyone), but I do like posting in politics most of all. It's the one place that is always new. Most of the jazz questions were answered a few years back at the BNBB and a lot of discussions have started to repeat themselves. But there are many new board members so it's all good.

btw, I won't share my score with ya'll. Pretty pathetic. But I never read the book, so....

Edited by Johnny E

Nice to see you posting in a non-political forum, John.   :tup

I read almost all the threads and I gain lots of knowledge (thanks everyone), but I do like posting in politics most of all. It's the one place that is always new. Most of the jazz questions were answered a few years back at the BNBB and a lot of discussions have started to repeat themselves. But there are many new board members so it's all good.

btw, I won't share my score with ya'll. Pretty pathetic. But I never read the book, so....

I agree with Vibes, Johnny, but you have a point.

A lot of hard work was lost when Blue Note pulled the plug. Their board has been "off" for so long now, that I propose that we avoid it if it ever does re-start. One gets tired of moving house after doing it many times. (I have done it literally more times than I care to remember!)