Looking for Freeman/Twardzick on Pacific Jazz

It's worth the bite, unless you're blessed by being in a great vinyl hunting area. . . even so I'm not sure all the alternates were available on vinyl (maybe; I've had this on cdr of two lps, the Twardzik and one called "Piano Galore" . . . I'm not sure these had all the Twardzik items on this cd.)

Ghost — no additional Twardzik tracks on the latest Japanese edition. You're also right about the duplicated master/alternate take of "A Crutch for the Crab" from the original domestic cd. (So, only one version, because there is only one version, appears in this Japanese edition.)

One thing that this latest Japanese edition does offer is a reconstructed intro from a "A Crutch for the Crab" — so we have the piece in its entirety without tape stretch damage. The new edition sews on an undamaged version from a vinyl copy, then shifts into digital shortly thereafter. Actually sounds pretty darn good. Ron McMaster did this one, and it may be one of his best efforts around. All said, I think this version (TOCJ 9347) may be the most definitive version we're likely to see ... at least for some time.