Worth joining?

jazzkrow

I was a member of both BMG and YourMusic.com for quite awhile but cancelled Yourmusic because the prices-especially on Boxed sets- were so much a better deal on BMG.

But with BMG cancelling their program in 2 weeks, I thought about re-joining Your Music.

Has anything changed on Yourmusic in the last few years since I cancelled my membership?

I figured I'd join since you cannot find RVGs for $6.99 delivered anywhere else.....

Any unhappy experiences with YourMusic?

I don't know of any other clubs with better deals? Are there any?

-Jeff

I'm ok with yourmusic in general.

The deals (especially lately, with the free offers) were better on BMG for a while, but it's still hard to beat a $6.99 cd.

Their selection hasn't been that great though. And there's no guarantee they'll get all of the RVG's or anything else coming up.

Just be sure and keep your queue stocked, so you aren't charged the $6.99 for no shipment.

• 2 weeks later...

I rejoined yourmusic today since BMG is shutting down at end of the month.

Had received an e-mail from yourmusic offering a free CD to those (re)joining.

When I signed up today, after getting my credit card number and rejoining me, there was no mention of a free CD :bwallace2:

I have sent an e-mail to Customer Service-we'll see what they do.

BMG had advertised upcoming RVG of at least Leo Parker (Rollin with Leo) and a Turrentine for which I forgot title-but

no mention of these 2 RVG on yourmusic site.

I think I'll limit my purchases to one per month-since multi-sets are not a great bargain at $7 per CD...

Added a Basie Verve and Bud Powell's Blues in the Closet to my Queue...

I rejoined yourmusic today since BMG is shutting down at end of the month.

Had received an e-mail from yourmusic offering a free CD to those (re)joining.

When I signed up today, after getting my credit card number and rejoining me, there was no mention of a free CD :bwallace2:

I have sent an e-mail to Customer Service-we'll see what they do.

BMG had advertised upcoming RVG of at least Leo Parker (Rollin with Leo) and a Turrentine for which I forgot title-but

no mention of these 2 RVG on yourmusic site.

I think I'll limit my purchases to one per month-since multi-sets are not a great bargain at $7 per CD...

Added a Basie Verve and Bud Powell's Blues in the Closet to my Queue...

Most of the box sets are not a great deal, though the Basie Decca set was cheaper on yourmusic than anywhere else I had looked. Admittedly I wasn't a member of BMG so didn't look there.