Gardening

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing like a good dousing to bring out the colour of a garden:

P6016858.jpg?t=1275418694

P6016873.jpg?t=1275418798

The only thing edible in my garden are a few herbs and, eventually, some tomatoes. Though I might try some aubergines this year. (oh, and the plum tree and wild cherry tree - though I cut that back so far last autumn very little in the way of shoots have reappeared). Looks a bit forlorn.

The first rose is just coming out - for some reason roses grow really well here, some of them continuing to flower as late as November.

Edited by Bev Stapleton

Where did yours go, Jazzjet? Taken it off the market?

It's come back now. How did that post vanish and reappear in the same spot?

I noticed that yesterday as well. No idea how that happened. It's the first photo I've posted so may have done something wrong. Anyone know how to make the image larger, like all the other photos?

I noticed that yesterday as well. No idea how that happened. It's the first photo I've posted so may have done something wrong. Anyone know how to make the image larger, like all the other photos?

I upload the ones I want to use on the web to Photobucket. You can change the sizes there and then just right click the url as you would an album sleeve.

I noticed that yesterday as well. No idea how that happened. It's the first photo I've posted so may have done something wrong.

Not your fault. Something went wrong and has been rectified.

That works, Jazzjet.

Much nicer to see the pictures straight away rather than clicking links etc.

Don't know if it's just the angle of the shot or the lense but that garden looks huge!

The formal garden is about half an acre. We also have a small woodland which we are battling with nature to tame.

We're part of the National Garden Scheme, where owners open their garden for charity. Our Open Day is June 19th which,

luckily for our marriage, doesn't conflict with an England game in the World Cup!

^ Thanks, we had rain just about evert week this year in the Bay Area and everything went crazy. In March I had the worse allergies of my life and couldn't taste food for months but I guess it was all worth it.

Edited by WorldB3

• 2 weeks later...