BFT 67

lipi

3833066502_7f2dd74847.jpg

We appear to have skipped July and August, which makes this either BFT 67 or 69. In the interest of avoiding Bill & Ted style exchanges, I picked #67.

So. Wanna hear some old stuff?

Everything will be tonal and have danceable rhythms. (If that bothers you, you may burn two copies of the CD, and play them at the same time, slightly out of phase.) Solos will be of reasonable length. Drum kits will sound like pots and pans. South American rhythms will be taboo. Everything will swing. There'll be tubas. Lots of screechy clarinets. Raw trombones. Shouting singers. And (yet?) it will all be awesome. [*]

Leave a note or drop me a PM and tell me whether you prefer download or disc, and, if the latter, what your address is. Given the interest in the past few months, I think this will be a one disc BFT. If enough people clamour for a bonus disc, I may be swayed, though, so feel free to rant on that subject in your reply.

Woo!

alex.

[*] Maybe.

Edited by alex.

People I have signed up so far:

Hot Ptah (CD)

jeffcrom

mikeweil

Big Al

Thom Keith

Bright Moments

Bill Barton

NIS

papsrus

I'm thinking I'll start sending out discs in another ten days, and I think I'll have figured out where I can upload the files by then, too.

Edited by alex.

O.K., I'd like to send discs after this coming weekend. So step up, folks! Now I'm a little worried I scared people away with the screechy clarinet and tuba talk. I was exaggerating: most of it will be post-1930.

Where's Berigan? Stereojack? I was counting on you guys to identify every track including players not mentioned in the liner notes! :)

Guest Bill Barton

...I'm thinking I'll start sending out discs in another ten days, and I think I'll have figured out where I can upload the files by then, too.

If I might suggest:

Hotshare

Free and way faster than most file hosts that I've used.

O.K., I'd like to send discs after this coming weekend. So step up, folks! Now I'm a little worried I scared people away with the screechy clarinet and tuba talk. I was exaggerating: most of it will be post-1930.

Where's Berigan? Stereojack? I was counting on you guys to identify every track including players not mentioned in the liner notes! :)

Tubas? The more the merrier! Joseph Daley, Bob Stewart, Marcus Rojas? All post-1930 :excited:

If the cover from post # 1 is any indication, I might go for some lindy hoppin' ...

Yes, there'll be lindy hop friendly tracks. I DJ at a swing dance about once a month and the music and dance are very much connected in my mind.

I am listening to the disc right now and will drop them in the mail tomorrow. Last chance to join the party if you want a physical disc! I'll have the download link ready to send by PM tomorrow, too.

• 3 weeks later...