Can someone id the genre of jazz from these audio samples?

JazzcatCB

I've been trying to nail down the genre of jazz that I enjoy. It seems that there are so many different genres that I can't identify the ones I prefer. These links lead to a "hold music" site. They contain audio samples of jazz tracks. If someone can help me identify what style of jazz they are, I might be able to narrow down what jazz bands I might prefer.

http://www.americaonhold.com/thedemos/showSearch?style=Jazz

The demos are: 3, 14, and 17 (especially 14)

Thanks a lot!

Welcome to the board. Its very hard to judge a style of "jazz" from something created for on hold music, but Wayne Shorter's Blue Note recordings are what came to mind from cut 14, for me.

Try Speak No Evil

Samples at Amazon

You might also try Adam's Apple

More samples at Amazon

If the clips on Amazon are enough to make you want to hear the entire albums, my advice is to do what I did when I discovered jazz - explore other recordings based on who played on the recordings you do like. If you like the pianist on those two, you might go looking for Herbie Hancock samples, for instance.

Good luck.

Can someone id the genre of spam from this sample :

I've been trying to nail down the genre of jazz that I enjoy. It seems that there are so many different genres that I can't identify the ones I prefer. These links lead to a "hold music" site. They contain audio samples of jazz tracks. If someone can help me identify what style of jazz they are, I might be able to narrow down what jazz bands I might prefer.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot!

Why exactly would an on hold company need to identify a genre of jazz for its 20 lame tunes it offers clients? Whoever wrote the shit could give them an answer themselves, so I'd be curious what the answer is as far as "genre of spam".

Thanks a lot!

Why exactly would an on hold company need to identify a genre of jazz for its 20 lame tunes it offers clients? Whoever wrote the shit could give them an answer themselves, so I'd be curious what the answer is as far as "genre of spam".

It wouldn't...but it would be rather interested in having lots of random people click a link to peruse their various hold music and other cheeseball offerings.

Count me skeptical as well. Even if you really did dig a lot of hold music, it's probably really difficult to find this particular domain if you'd never heard of it before.

I assure you this is not spam. I was simply trying to find the broadest selection of jazz and this hold music site had that. Thanks for the suggestions. More would be appreciated. Thanks!

The trouble is that as someone posted, jazz offered by an on-hold company is best described as "generic". If you check out the samples on Amazon and report back, it would give people some idea about other possibilities. Another thing to consider is what do you notice about the jazz that you do like? I.E., is the rhythm "contemporary" like programmed drums or modern R&B type rhythm, or something different? Are there particular instruments that you like more than others?