RVG, JRVG and TOCJ reissues

Norm

I had two of the titles on a TOCJ-8xxx CD and to my ears, they were nearly identical.

TOCJ-8xxx ? Is this a series I missed?

Ahh heck, typo. I meant TOCJ-4xxx - the BN Works series. I really like the sound of these CDs more than any other.

The SACDs sound fine too. The only problem I have with the SACDs is the extremely low levels. It's much better than cranked up levels but Hoffman went too far the other way. It makes it impossible to use them in a shuffle player. If you set the volume for a "normal" CD and one of these new Hoffman remasters come on, you can barely hear it.

Kevin

I'm a big fan of the BN Works series (TOCJ-4XXX) as well. But the new SACDs sound better, IMO. The ones I have heard seem to combine the warm, analog sound signature that I like about the BN Works series with the greater detail and resolution that most of the RVGs offered.

I had two of the titles on a TOCJ-8xxx CD and to my ears, they were nearly identical.

TOCJ-8xxx ? Is this a series I missed?

Ahh heck, typo. I meant TOCJ-4xxx - the BN Works series. I really like the sound of these CDs more than any other.

Kevin

I thought it was a typo, but I haven't paid any attention at all to the reissues in the last 4 years. Time to catch up.

Just bought a good sacd player and ordered my first batch of the BN AP SACDs. It's a single disc machine, so I'm not worried about the shuffle feature.