Doobie Brothers in Ft Worth

Okay, okay don't slam me for this post!

My 19 year old daughter is way into classic rock. When she found that the Doobie Brothers were coming to town, she told me about it (hint hint).

So dad pops for tickets and we went to see them last night at Ft Worth's Bass Hall. I had seen the group in high school.

What a tight show. They kicked ass. The group is very very tight. I did forget how loud a rock concert is though!

I was somehow suspecting that as soon as the lights went dim at the beginning of the concert, people would start lighting up joints like in the old days. (I think my daughter was hoping that would happen). Nope, the old days are just that.

Good show though. They don't sound dated at all.

Edited by slide_advantage_redoux

I saw the Doobies a couple of months ago here in Portland. They opened for the Allman Brothers. Truth be told, they were better than the Allmans, at least on that night. The Allmans were really, really loud, so much so that everything kind of melted together. The Doobies were very tight. I think it helped that the had their original drummer back with them for the first time in awhile. No problem in good 'ol Portland with firing up a (pardon the expression) doobie or two. There air was rife with the smell 'o weed.

Up over and out.