Help me! I've heard tracks from the Bachelor's CD

Aftab

Lately I've been on a kick of listening to music that has some 'intellectual' value to it - Sam Rivers, Wayne Shorter, well, most Blue Note, but very little of the mainstream rock that I can be fond of. Then along comes the new CD by Bob Guiney - tv's latest Bachelor - and out of somewhat morbid curiosity (the same kind that makes you look at a car accident when you drive by), I sought out audio samples of the disc. Then, I found them, though not exactly brain food, sweet candy to the ears - well produced, catchy alt-rock-pop songs. Bob Guiney Homepage

My questions to you -

1. Am I bad?

2. How should I balance out my 'like' of this material.

3. Should I repent?

4. Does anyone else wanna admit they watched a couple of episodes of the Bachelor? (I picked Estella from the beginning)

5. If I actually purchase this disc - how many OOP Conn's will it take until I am redeemed?

Any thoughts . . . .

:rfr

Edited by Aftab

(Oh great. Now somebody else we gotta string up and probably end up banning from the board.)

Why, oh why?? - Aftab, did you have to go and listen to samples of this guy?? And why would you ever admit to this sort of thing in public!!!

I think it's gonna take more than a bunch of Conns to get you out of this mess. Just call up Mosaic, give them your credit card number, and tell them to "suprise you". :g

PS: Don't tell anybody I got hooked on American Idol last time (due to my wife's interest, I swear!!!). BUT, for the record, I've never bought anything by anybody on American Idol -- though if forced to confess under oath, I have left the channel on VH1 several times, just to see what the Idol's videos have looked like. :unsure:

What's funny is that Bachelor guy is from East Lansing and had a band here when I was in late high school/early college called Fat Amy. I think I saw them live once and was not impressed.

It's sort of lame (but not unexpected) that his musical career has been revived because of that show. Oh well. Back to the trenches with me (have to play Lansing's smokiest bar tonight... The Green Door Lounge).